Thread: Bell target club in Birmingham?

Bell target club in Birmingham?

Me and the missus may be visiting Brum in the near future and would love to attend a Bell target club to shoot in what was the heartland of this sport back in the day.
    Ideally modern and vintage as we have plenty of vintage 10m rifles and a SSP each.

One in a pub would be great.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
    Matt

This might help:

http://www.belltarget.com/leagues-list.php

I shoot in the Lord Ednam league in Worcestershire, where we are only allowed to use recoiling rifles, no PCP's or shooting aids allowed. Many of the locations are in village pubs or halls, I'm sure you'd be welcome to spectate and might be able to have a shot at the end of the night if time allows.

Lee

The link looks useful, I’ll look into it.

We have a few recoiling target rifles (lg55t, hw55t, FWB110) and a few ‘semi recoiling’ examples too.
    We’d definitely want to compete on the day but I’ll contact a few clubs before we go.

Thanks for the help,
    Matt

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Too elitist them HW55T's , us mundane types just use normal lead throwers, and adapt,.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Herx77 View Post
    Too elitist them HW55T's , us mundane types just use normal lead throwers, and adapt,.
    HERX77 .
    How’s your HW55m Mike? 😉

Lee valley are starting to do classic springer bell target next vintage shoot so get it zeroed at 6yds

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    How’s your HW55m Mike? 😉

Lee valley are starting to do classic springer bell target next vintage shoot so get it zeroed at 6yds

Matt
    Hi Matt,

If your getting some springers set-up to shoot at 6 yards - why not ask everyone at Lee Valley if they would like to have a go at shooting in the MPL using the same springers?

Seems a shame not to give them as much exercise as possible
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hi Matt,

If your getting some springers set-up to shoot at 6 yards - why not ask everyone at Lee Valley if they would like to have a go at shooting in the MPL using the same springers?

Seems a shame not to give them as much exercise as possible
    Hi,
    thanks for the suggestion.
    Unfortunately because the MPL is on paper targets we might not be able to manage it.

We used to do 10yd paper and 8yd bell with pre-war rifles with open sights (no diopters)

Now in order to be able to compete with another club we are going to stop doing 10yd paper and just do 6yd bell target in two categories: pre-war rifles with open sights & classic spring powered match rifles (including semi-recoiless)

We do this after our vintage comp so there’s not a huge amount of time. If we added a paper punching round it might take too long but I’m happy to suggest it and see what people think.

A bit of competition is definitely a good motivator to practice.

Cheers,
    Matt