Thread: Smk xs19

Smk xs19

Hello I've had my SMK XS19 for just over a year and traded my BSA super sport for it in a straight swap . The BSA was 15 years old but well looked after and the guy had purchased the XS19 two weeks earlier before the swap so nearly new . I guess he regretted buying a Chinese gun pretty much straight away but I love the thing and so far knock on wood has been an excellent rifle . Just as good as any other break barrel springer I have owned . Quality wise not quite in the same league as Webley or BSA or Air Arms but for the price a nice performer . And I would consider in the future buying another one if the chance arose . My one doesn't have super grade stamped on it but it is very high quality with no imperfections . I haven't chronoed it yet but I will over the next few days and show it in the bottom of this review. The open sights are nice and everything lines up nicely although I have fitted a red dot scope which has increased the accuracy . My range at home is only 7 meters so I don't know what the accuracy is like beyond this but I should imagine it's at least as good as the super sport . Apparently the spring is very easy to change as well as very little pre compression and can be removed without a spring compressor . Some people say the trigger is not very good but personally I have no problem with it but it can be upgraded with an aftermarket trigger there are also tuning kits available for it so when it does eventually need a service which hopefully will be years away they are available . All in all a tidy rifle with a bit of quality about it for a Chinese gun . Chrono figures to follow .

Glad you are happy with your 19. I've owned and worked on a few and would say for the money used are an excellent buy. I seemed to remember a longer adjustment screw made a big difference on the trigger. If you join Chinese airgun forum you will get some great advice on tuning yours.

Smk19

Had one for sale and decided to try it following the above review. Out of the box it shoots better than most Hw's I've owned. No spring twang and a nice gentle nudge into the shoulder upon trigger release. For the money a very hard rifle to beat. Mach 1.5

I have the xs38 under lever and its shoots great very accurate with the scope on, the
    trigger is very good its not to heavy, and its in 22cal the wood is fantastic, there is a little
    recoil but I like it that way, so after 53 years of hw rifle shooting , my next rifle be xs19 custom
    or xs208 thumb hole or not, very surprised at the good quality of the metal work then there is no rattles it likes rws superdomes and rws hobby
    and air arms diablo field and get great results with them all. and out 35yards to 40 yards as we can shoot further but have to wait , to shot guns
    stop shooting end of the day, there getting very good Smk, and there getting very close to like hw rifles take look at Roy keen on you tube at him shooting the smk rifles, and the quality of the rifles enjoy the xs19.
    Last edited by stephen hanson; 06-03-2020 at 02:59 PM.

I have an xs19-18 that I have owned for a few years now, it's a great plinking gun as it's only running around 9.5ftlbs. Great for anything upto around 20m, nice and light and my dinner enjoys it to

Great review, thanks.
    I have been looking for a secondhand hw but should research the SMKs.