Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: back into HFT

back into HFT

Considering getting back into HFT so watched a few videos of shooters doing courses. I notice that buthooks are being used as rear stablisers. Obviously this is allowed in the rules. Would it be against the rules if I sharpened mine so I could stick it in the ground?
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

That wouldn't be allowed.

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Full detail of what is/isn't allowed is within the UKAHFT guide here

But being a generous chap …. here's an extract relating specifically to your butt

• FT style butt hooks are not allowed, although the paddle style of butt pad is allowed.
    • The paddles of the butt pad must not exceed 2.25" in length
    • When standing or kneeling, no part of the rifle may be in contact with the ground.
    • When taking a prone shot the only part of the rifle which may be touching the ground is the bottom edge of the butt pad - no other device, stock extension or butt pad extension may rest on the ground

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

I know FT but hooks arent allowed and the lower arm of a HFT hook is restricted in length. Just needs to be pointy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecKYTFTfO2U @ 15:50
    Last edited by poison dwarf; 17-01-2020 at 02:56 PM.

If it was a sharpened point to the arm I can't see why not although you could find it to be a disadvantage at times - especially if you use a shooting mat.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

Definitely wouldn't want people with sharpened stakes on my shooting mat

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    Considering getting back into HFT so watched a few videos of shooters doing courses. I notice that buthooks are being used as rear stablisers. Obviously this is allowed in the rules. Would it be against the rules if I sharpened mine so I could stick it in the ground?
    Sounds like a great idea. Can't believe no one hasn't thought of it before. Probably too many girls using mats scared of punctures. Its not true what they say about the Welsh. You really are helpful.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Picture

LINK to picture of hook

Blimey you'd be pivoting around all over the place at Ford ranges!!

Quote Originally Posted by where's molly View Post
    Unless there is a sheep he could stick it in.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    LINK to picture of hook
    to be honest mate i think that would be a major disadvantage, anything other than wood you would be sinking in one way or the other.
    You would have all sorts of elevation problems , ive got a ball fitted on the end of mine to stop exactly that
    hth

Quote Originally Posted by where's molly View Post
    Stop you sliding down the slope at Buxted though

Sounds good to me, should fit in nicely with the weathervane and smoke machine
    "I'm an enormously talented man, and there's no use pretending that I'm not.."

Quote Originally Posted by MattF View Post
    Sounds good to me, should fit in nicely with the weathervane and smoke machine
    I have herd like a flock butt for sheep thing that you will be able to get A Matt with a built in weather vane and smoke machine from a major fashion house soon but only in pink. Will also have an anti slip anchoring system to stop the light weights sliding down the hills. If you pay a bit more you can get the one with a shower to wash any mud off. The other option is to just sit on a cushion and keep everything clean.

Monkey

I always thought the pointy end was the front. Oh dear, that's me confused
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit