Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help . . . . .

I need help . . . . .

Gentlemen, I need advice. Ina moment of mental aberration I've ordered a Crosman 2240. Now I'm aware these things can be addictive, and that modding them can become an obsession.
    Despite knowing that, I'm looking at replacing the original breech assembly with a Gmac steel item, as that seems to be the commonest way into the obsession.
    I have a couple of questions I'd appreciate answers to from people who know about these things. First, are the breech assemblies easy to replace? By easy I mean can someone with neither mechanical knowledge nor aptitude do it?
    Second, and here's the sign the addiction is but a step away, is there and advantage to getting the kit with the hollow bolt?
    Please help a chap standing at the bottom of the greasy pole . . . . .

Replacing the breech on the Crosman 22xx series is pretty easy- main thing is to go careful with the tiny breech screw in the top- go steadily and you will be fine. Gmac actually do a replacement screw that is slotted rather than hex. I haven't used the hollow probe, mine has an extended probe instead, but wise to get one or either as they push the pellet further past the port where the CO2 comes out. There is a lot you can do with these, but the other cheap and cheerful mod is to fit a wide trigger shoe- the Crosman triggers are a tad narrow and it certainly improves things. You can go down the route of trigger kits which is better but does involve a lot more fiddling about.

I've taken a 2240 apart and fixed leaking o rings.
    Also added various bits and bobs.

And I am a mechanical idiot.
    So don't worry.
    GMac v helpful and do videos too.

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Replacing the breech on the Crosman 22xx series is pretty easy- main thing is to go careful with the tiny breech screw in the top- go steadily and you will be fine. Gmac actually do a replacement screw that is slotted rather than hex. I haven't used the hollow probe, mine has an extended probe instead, but wise to get one or either as they push the pellet further past the port where the CO2 comes out. There is a lot you can do with these, but the other cheap and cheerful mod is to fit a wide trigger shoe- the Crosman triggers are a tad narrow and it certainly improves things. You can go down the route of trigger kits which is better but does involve a lot more fiddling about.
    Helpful stuff - thank you.
    I've looked on Gmac's site but couldn't find the replacement screw; do you have a link to it, please?

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I've taken a 2240 apart and fixed leaking o rings.
    Also added various bits and bobs.

And I am a mechanical idiot.
    So don't worry.
    GMac v helpful and do videos too.
    Thanks for the reassurance - I'll look for the videos!

Gary Lindop on Fleabay does rebolt sets inc the little screw.
    Search Droid Crosman or Rebolt UK.

What Gary doesnt know about 2240s isn't worth knowing.

I think he's on here as Droid.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by stevew View Post
    Helpful stuff - thank you.
    I've looked on Gmac's site but couldn't find the replacement screw; do you have a link to it, please?
    Here you go: http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/Stain...crew-Slot-Head

I also have a step by step "idiots guide" to replacing a breech with photos. Helped me a lot when I did my first one. If you PM me your email, I'll send a copy of it

That would be very gratefully received - thanks!
    PM on its way.

On its way to you, Steve!

There are a lot of modifications one can do to a 2240/50, but beware, they can become very addictive and then you may certainly need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    There are a lot of modifications one can do to a 2240/50, but beware, they can become very addictive and then you may certainly need help.
    And financial assistance

Have fun playing with your 2240.

As per the above, the steel breech fit is an easy job. I think you'll also find on-line video tutorials.

Plenty of advice out there too for simple and cheap trigger mods - polishing and fitting a weaker spring.

Enjoy!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    where do we find a trigger shoe, googled and got no where,