Thread: Old pocket pistol ID and valuation

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Old pocket pistol ID and valuation

I have an old percussion pistol, pretty run of the mill and in fairly good condition. The threads on the barrel are worn and there's general "patina" to the metalwork.
    I've been told it's Beligian from the 1850's and am trying to find out more. Can anyone here tell me any more about it, ID the proof mark etc?

Many thanks

Dammitall! Why can't I post pics on here like the general sections? Linky

Edit: The proof mark on the underside of the lock is crossed pikes(?) with a crown above and what could be a V below, the one on the screw-off barrel appears to be the same one but with additional letters to each side. This would indicate it's a birmingham proof. Nothing I've seen on t'interweb looks exactly like it but I know they were mass produced by different companies.
    Last edited by tinbum; 26-01-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have an old percussion pistol, pretty run of the mill and in fairly good condition. The threads on the barrel are worn and there's general "patina" to the metalwork.
    I've been told it's Beligian from the 1850's and am trying to find out more. Can anyone here tell me any more about it, ID the proof mark etc?

Many thanks

Dammitall! Why can't I post pics on here like the general sections? Linky

Edit: The proof mark on the underside of the lock is crossed pikes(?) with a crown above and what could be a V below, the one on the screw-off barrel appears to be the same one but with additional letters to each side. This would indicate it's a birmingham proof. Nothing I've seen on t'interweb looks exactly like it but I know they were mass produced by different companies.
    See your post above in the other section. I've only just noticed this one as I was answering the other one.......