Thread: Gone to the Dark Side

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gone to the Dark Side

Well, after many years of vermin control , using mainly the lamp , I’ve finally invested in some Night Vision .
    I know that we have a dedicated section for this but I wondered how many others have finally succumbed and splashed the cash.
    I bought a Pard NV008 from Blackwoods at a fantastic price with excellent service.
    I know that for basic ratting etc I could of done it much cheaper , but I’ve always been a cheapskate , so as I only intend to do this once I thought I’d buy the best that I could afford .
    The beauty of this unit is that it can be used both day and night .
    I have some good clear scopes but this is different , viewing in 1080 colour during the day and black and white at night .
    I don’t know if my bag size will increase but at least they won’t be able to see my clumsy approach .
    What’s your experience of switching from the lamp to NV ?

Mods please move if necessary
    Last edited by Alakar; 31-01-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Never did much lamping, but the main thing with NV is lack of depth perception because generally only one eye has the NV view.

your not regret it mate the nv008 are very good

Since I bought NV a few years ago now the majority of my hunting is after dark.

You’ll soon realise the futility of daylight hunting in comparison!

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Congratulations Alan, I'm sure you will make good use of it
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

You won’t go wrong with a pard
    Brilliant bit of kit. I have had many night vision in the past. Gen 1 was always disappointing as was gen 2. Gen 2+ wasn’t bad, then I went onto digital. I bought the ward add on which is excellent and by far the best I’d seen at the time. I recently got a pard and it’s a different ball game! Annoyingly it might need shimming, nothing a few bits of camera film won’t solve though! The thing I like about it is that it can record. So those shots that are missed, you can watch back and seen your mistake!
    A Wise Man Can Act A Fool, A Fool Can Not Act Wise

I've always done a lot of night work. I still will use a lamp with truck as it can still work. However, NV kit is the way to go and now very good, and very affordable. The Pards really have hit the nail of performance to price to practical usefulness.

NV, still requires stalking skill. Wind, noise, and shy-lighting do matter. Marksmanship even more important. Safety even more demanding...don't skimp just because no one can see you. NV requires even higher standards and more restraint.
    Overshoot a place and the critters will learn or change their habits.