Thread: face veil and eye glasses fogging

face veil and eye glasses fogging

For those who are lucky enough to wear eyeglasses
    What do you use to cover your face when hunting?
    I have tried face veil before but my eyeglasses keep fogging.
    How do you deal with this?

Mesh head net helps. And even cut a hole to let your breath out.

Great question Hunter. This has been giving me the hump for ages. I have so many different hats balaclavas and all sorts but none work very well. I need somebody to design a balaclava with the eyes and nose are cut out rather than the mouth. I have one mask which I have to fold it down so I can breath through my hooter without steaming my glasses up. It works but must leave a lot of my face exposed. I have a veil but then with the glasses on I can't see the screen properly.
    I will be following this thread for ideas.
    Ade
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Quote Originally Posted by the growler View Post
    Mesh head net helps. And even cut a hole to let your breath out.
    Do you mean scrim scarf?, I guess once nose covered it will still a problem. I have to admit, I never tried it before so it may work. Anybody in here tried it with eyeglasses?

You can get standard camo head nets. I wear glasses. Best to try keep your breathing low. Not easy going up hill.

Used to use washing up liquid, neat, wipe on and polish off, this was to stop visor misting on my motorcycle, might be worth a go. Rog

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    Great question Hunter. This has been giving me the hump for ages. I have so many different hats balaclavas and all sorts but none work very well. I need somebody to design a balaclava with the eyes and nose are cut out rather than the mouth. I have one mask which I have to fold it down so I can breath through my hooter without steaming my glasses up. It works but must leave a lot of my face exposed. I have a veil but then with the glasses on I can't see the screen properly.
    I will be following this thread for ideas.
    Ade
    I have the same problem with my mesh head net, I have to pull it down below my nose or my breath fogs up my glasses asi breathe out.
    I suppose I could try cutting out a triangular shape in the right area to expose my nostrils and vent my breath outside the net.

I used to use 'nil mist' on my visor to stop it fogging.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by the bish View Post
    I have the same problem with my mesh head net, I have to pull it down below my nose or my breath fogs up my glasses asi breathe out.
    I suppose I could try cutting out a triangular shape in the right area to expose my nostrils and vent my breath outside the net.
    Thanks for letting me know as I was about to order a mesh head.
    Seems the only solution is to just get a face veil and cut it to let the nose out