Thread: Ruger Old Army spares!!!!

Ruger Old Army spares!!!!

Whoopee!!

Here y'are - https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopi...ruger-old-army

Available components include s/s and blued cylinder base pins, rammer levers, bullet rams and certain internal components. Some screws are also common to the centre-fire Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk, like rear frame screws.

However, be warned that this vendor MIGHT not ship outside the USA, especially for such manifestly dangerous items as a trigger hand...the word here, of course, is 'trigger', and that probably 'triggers' a connection to weapons of mass destruction and ITAR.

So, in the end,I guess it's down to doing the deal if and when you are stateside.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Whoopee!!

Here y'are - https://jack-first-gun-parts.myshopi...ruger-old-army

Available components include s/s and blued cylinder base pins, rammer levers, bullet rams and certain internal components. Some screws are also common to the centre-fire Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk, like rear frame screws.

However, be warned that this vendor MIGHT not ship outside the USA, especially for such manifestly dangerous items as a trigger hand...the word here, of course, is 'trigger', and that probably 'triggers' a connection to weapons of mass destruction and ITAR.

So, in the end,I guess it's down to doing the deal if and when you are stateside.
    Hello,

You are no doubt already aware of this UK supplier of some Ruger Old Army spares.

http://www.aandagunsmiths.co.uk/chia...ruger-pistols/

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

You are no doubt already aware of this UK supplier of some Ruger Old Army spares.

http://www.aandagunsmiths.co.uk/chia...ruger-pistols/

Brian
    Yup, I know about them, but thanks for the reminder. But what they don't have is the cylinder axis pin - the one part that can be distorted beyond fixing if an attempt is made to load the gun without ensuring that the locking bolt is in fully in place. As a result, the rammer does not push the ball IN, but serves to push the loading pin OUT, and the result can be a bent component in the most vulnerable part - the half-moon cutout where the bolt passes through. I HAVE seen this happen on my own range with a noob and his ROA. With a great deal of care, and the use of a handy machine shop lathe, we were able to straighten it out enough to b e serviceable, but it won't take the fixing more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Yup, I know about them, but thanks for the reminder. But what they don't have is the cylinder axis pin - the one part that can be distorted beyond fixing if an attempt is made to load the gun without ensuring that the locking bolt is in fully in place. As a result, the rammer does not push the ball IN, but serves to push the loading pin OUT, and the result can be a bent component in the most vulnerable part - the half-moon cutout where the bolt passes through. I HAVE seen this happen on my own range with a noob and his ROA. With a great deal of care, and the use of a handy machine shop lathe, we were able to straighten it out enough to b e serviceable, but it won't take the fixing more than once.
    Hi tac,
    Maybe you could suggest they add this part to their existing ROA range of spares given you experiences with its failure.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi tac, Maybe you could suggest they add this part to their existing ROA range of spares given you experiences with its failure.
    Brian
    A local CAD maker of high precision components for the aerospace and medical profession quoted me £80 each if I bought a hundred - that was around ten years ago. The place I quoted has them for $75.

Do the math.

I never use the gun in a stand anymore as the Lever always bends, I use the cylinder loading jig from Kranks,loads all 6 Cylinders. Equal pressure on all loads.
    Quick 6

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    I never use the gun in a stand anymore as the Lever always bends, I use the cylinder loading jig from Kranks,loads all 6 Cylinders. Equal pressure on all loads.
    Quick 6
    Hmmm, must take a look at that. I DO have a recent Krank's catalogue.

Cylinder axis pins on the bay for £35
    Apparently stainless.
    Listed as Ruger old army axis pin item number 303116549616
    It's all forgotten now, but Rockers and Mods only started fighting as the Rockers were annoyed at having some of their comments removed

Quote Originally Posted by pnuk View Post
    Cylinder axis pins on the bay for £35 Apparently stainless. Listed as Ruger old army axis pin item number 303116549616
    WOW!!!!!!!!! Thank you a billion!!!! I'm looking right now!!!

'Kay, it's ordered now for delivery by Friday. We'll see what it's like then.

...and thanks again.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    I grabbed one also...we shall see if its a neat fit or not
    Gun control means using both hands.

Mine has just arrove - and I've fitted it. It is perfect in all respects but one - it is very highly polished. However, I don't care about that. Great service, BTW.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    I went for the blued steel one and its a nice even( to my eye) finish. Surface is a little rough, you can feel where its been turned with your finger nail (just) .....seems value for money i reckon.
    Tempted to get the other spares too.....just in case...
    Gun control means using both hands.