Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HW 45 Revisit ?

HW45 with stock..no problem

I bought this a few years ago and love it!
    As far as I am aware the Ginb stock was a one off. I slightly altered the cheek piece to give it a slight concave shape and it now fits like a glove.
    I’m tempted to have so made up in colored laminate for my other two HW45’s.
    Makes it accurate and a great can basher at surprisingly long distances.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pprke9dss...UKHIR_Oya?dl=0

First go at using Dropbox, hope it works.
    Last edited by wildy; 06-04-2020 at 09:35 AM.

HW With Stock pic added

Hopefully link to pics will work

Quote Originally Posted by wildy View Post
    I bought this a few years ago and love it!
    As far as I am aware the Ginb stock was a one off. I slightly altered the cheek piece to give it a slight concave shape and it now fits like a glove.
    I’m tempted to have so made up in colored laminate for my other two HW45’s.
    Makes it accurate and a great can basher at surprisingly long distances.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pprke9dss...UKHIR_Oya?dl=0

First go at using Dropbox, hope it works.
    if you find someone willing to make a stock let me know please m8. all the others i have seen have been to long so the length of pull would be to much for my short little arms

Been chatting to my mate who has a joinery/fabrication shop with CNC...looking promising.

I bet John wishes he'd gone and got himself a 45 before the lockdown!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Been chatting to my mate who has a joinery/fabrication shop with CNC...looking promising.
    i have the silver star with the grey laminate target grip. id like one a similar colour if possible?

And I guess he'd find a willing market for them too.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

I've had my Hw45 a few weeks now, very pleased with it. It does have one fault, the pin holding the fake trigger/ barrel lock keeps working its way out, so I kerp tapping it back in.
    I've got some custom walnut grips fitted.
    I bought it with the weihrach pistol scope, but took that off after a week or so, it doesn't suit my old eyes, and I'm much better up to 10 metres with the open sights. Question earlier on, they use a 13mm rail.

HW Stock

I may look into it as a small business venture but that’s not for here. Newer type ones such as the silver star (I have one and its superb) have a cut short frame for the wrap around grip. My older one has two plates that go beneath the wood grip plates. Would take a bit of thought to fit the cut down frame but that’s half the fun of Airgun ownership.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I bet John wishes he'd gone and got himself a 45 before the lockdown!
    Sort of Tony, pistols are probably better suited to present situation but it’s something to look forward to isn’t it !
    Besides, I’ve got my .22 Prem and my awkward .22 Magnum 240 to entertain me
    !
    “An airgun or two”………

I may look into it as a small business venture but that’s not for here. Newer type ones such as the silver star (I have one and its superb) have a cut short frame for the wrap around grip. My older one has two plates that go beneath the wood grip plates. Would take a bit of thought to fit the cut down frame but that’s half the fun of Airgun ownership.
    not really as it could use the bolts that go in under the grip to hold the stock on. or make a whole stock to fit so i can remove my grip altogether use the bolts tht hold the present grip on to hold the stock on

Yes I’m thinking the same..inlet/cut out to match the bottom of the silver star grip and extended hex bolt to original stock fixing.
    Sounds like a plan!

Yes I’m thinking the same..inlet/cut out to match the bottom of the silver star grip and extended hex bolt to original stock fixing.
    Sounds like a plan!
    Whole stock including a simular style grip to the silverstar would be better. And in the same colour laminate would be the best result id deffo buy one if they were quality built stocks.

Bloody eck I’m a chartered surveyor not a master craftsman!

if you get one made up that could match the superstar laminate and fix underneath like your present one id be interested in buying one. matching the laminate grip on the superstar is the hardest problem though i guess. chris