Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: " Original " model 35 Super

" Original " model 35 Super

Hello all,

I've just acquired a " made in Germany 19 75 " Model 35 Super.

Sadly the rear sight is missing the large elevation numbered adjustment wheel and it has no front sight, so I am left with a lay flat rear sight , and two barrel grooves where the front sight should sit.

I've looked on Chambers but nothing there or at Protek.

Any ideas where I may locate the missing parts please ?

Thanks

try john knibbs,they have the rearsight(newer version) maybe a hw fore sight will fit? i'll try one on a 35 i have,and let you know.

they don't fit,tried a hw80 and a hw99 foresight.

Thank you for trying.

Knibbs don’t seem to have much of anything for the Mod 35.

I’ll keep an eye on Protek, I want to try and keep the rifle standard and I much prefer open sights on these.

Fingers crossed.

This front sight is specific to the 35 Super. They are mounted on a sleeve that envelopes the barrel. They are not good in my opinion. I usually remove them and fit the old Dana ribbed barrelweight and use with a scope.
    Rear adjustment wheel comes in two sizes iirc. Ill have a look in my box. You will likely need the indexer pin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    This front sight is specific to the 35 Super. They are mounted on a sleeve that envelopes the barrel. They are not good in my opinion. I usually remove them and fit the old Dana ribbed barrelweight and use with a scope.
    Rear adjustment wheel comes in two sizes iirc. Ill have a look in my box. You will likely need the indexer pin as well.
    Thanks Drew.

I’m still educating myself on the Model 35 Super. My serial starts 1168 and the cylinder numbers are 19 75.

I thought my barrel shouldn’t have ( it does ) the two grooves for the front sight mounting but now I’m not sure.

My rear sight is all metal with a knurled/ slotted side wheel, four way push button and turn for alternative sight shapes . I thought the elevation wheel was somewhat bigger with numbers than the sideways adjustment wheel.

I really want to shoot open sights if I can and avoid fitting a scope.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Thanks Drew.

I’m still educating myself on the Model 35 Super. My serial starts 1168 and the cylinder numbers are 19 75.

I thought my barrel shouldn’t have ( it does ) the two grooves for the front sight mounting but now I’m not sure.

My rear sight is all metal with a knurled/ slotted side wheel, four way push button and turn for alternative sight shapes . I thought the elevation wheel was somewhat bigger with numbers than the sideways adjustment wheel.

I really want to shoot open sights if I can and avoid fitting a scope.

Thanks.
    Its likely to be dated 10 75 or 12 75 as the first two numerals are the month of build. 1975 is quite early in production. Sometimes the stamping is indistinct.
    It should have very shallow dovetail grooves for positioning the front sight mounting sleeve. The sight tunnel is blued steel and will take inserts. As i said- give me a day or so to have a dig. I know I used my last metal rear sight to replace a broken plastic unit on a Diana 24 but I may have sight parts.

I wonder if the rear sight wheel is the same as that on the 45? If so, Protek told me sometime ago that the wheel screws anti-clockwise; if turned clockwise it will come out. I gather Original reversed the situation towards the end of the production of the 45.

Certainly, I am looking for a rear wheel for my 45 in 177. I have the rear sight but somehow, somewhere, lost the wheel.

Rather like you, I do like to use open sights although with the 177, I think the telescope wins given the flatter trajectory at longer ranges.

Rgds
    A

It is (sayeth John Walter, just checked) the same rear as the 45.

My initial reaction was “surely in introducing a new front sight design, they’d have kept the same barrel profile, so as not to add unnecessary cost and complication in production?” Then I remembered this is Diana we are talking about.

Are you sure a regular 25/27/35/etc front sight won’t fit the dovetail?

Thanks all.
    Not sure if other model sights would fit other than the 45 ??
    I’ll keep ears and eyes open. And watch thread if something pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Its likely to be dated 10 75 or 12 75 as the first two numerals are the month of build. 1975 is quite early in production. Sometimes the stamping is indistinct.
    It should have very shallow dovetail grooves for positioning the front sight mounting sleeve. The sight tunnel is blued steel and will take inserts. As i said- give me a day or so to have a dig. I know I used my last metal rear sight to replace a broken plastic unit on a Diana 24 but I may have sight parts.
    You are right it 10 75.

Tiny Tiny stamps , I needed to magnify !

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Thanks all.
    Not sure if other model sights would fit other than the 45 ??
    I’ll keep ears and eyes open. And watch thread if something pops up.
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...7%2C-35%2C-50/

Thanks for the link Drew.

Maybe it’s me but aside of function , those plastic sights look awful ?

I’d much rather try and find a spare original elevation wheel/ pin, and original front sight .

Chances ?

Probably slim but do they pop up at places like protek from time to time??

Thumbs up

I have an Original mod35 and a Gecado mod35, I believe they're basically the same gun but with different tradenames for the different places they're sent to, I read that Gecado (Or Geco) went to the U.S., Australia and South Africa..

The sights are quite different on to each other!!

Original 35.

Gecado 35

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/