Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: " Original " model 35 Super

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Thanks for the link Drew.

Maybe it’s me but aside of function , those plastic sights look awful ?

I’d much rather try and find a spare original elevation wheel/ pin, and original front sight .

Chances ?

Probably slim but do they pop up at places like protek from time to time??
    I have found a wheel but in plastic instead of metal. Its an early one so looks decent rather than cheap. It will fit Im sure. There is no indexing pin but wheel will raise and lower the rearsight regardless.
    I have found a Super front sight unit also. Appears complete and condition is reasonable. I can send them down for you to try. If they're no good you can them back.

Thanks for the link Drew.

Maybe it’s me but aside of function , those plastic sights look awful ?

I’d much rather try and find a spare original elevation wheel/ pin, and original front sight .

Chances ?

Probably slim but do they pop up at places like protek from time to time??
    I like the plastic rearsight. They look good to my eyes and they work well. I cannabalised 2 and a half broken ones to make one decent one recently. They are quite intricate and well made.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have an Original mod35 and a Gecado mod35, I believe they're basically the same gun but with different tradenames for the different places they're sent to, I read that Gecado (Or Geco) went to the U.S., Australia and South Africa..

The sights are quite different on to each other!!

Original 35.

Gecado 35

John
    The breech block,rear sight and fore sight all different to usual.
    Crazy that...
    Last edited by jonnyone; 14-02-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I have found a wheel but in plastic instead of metal. Its an early one so looks decent rather than cheap. It will fit Im sure. There is no indexing pin but wheel will raise and lower the rearsight regardless.
    I have found a Super front sight unit also. Appears complete and condition is reasonable. I can send them down for you to try. If they're no good you can them back.
    Thanks very much Drew. I’d be happy to try them out and report back.
    I assume the indexing pin just identifies each numbered turn of the elevation wheel and is none essential to at least make the rear sight function ?..

I wonder if I could make a pin ??

Other stuff to work on.

I’ll address the stock and it’s minor issues as a last job, couple of white paint scuffs and a few little dings. Nothing that can’t be sorted though.

The action is very smooth so I’m going to just shoot it ( when I can aim it ! ) in the garden and see how it goes.
    The metal work is near perfect and will 000 wire wool / oil to bring it up nicely .

Sadly the barrel was sprayed after being scratched leaning it on a fence, it’s full of runs in the poor paint job, so that will be rubbed down to get it off and oiled for now until I decide on a re-spray method.

All good stuff !
    Last edited by Steve Zodiac; 20-02-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    I like the plastic rearsight. They look good to my eyes and they work well. I cannabalised 2 and a half broken ones to make one decent one recently. They are quite intricate and well made.
    Perhaps I’m being a bit unfair in criticising them

It’s just that word “ plastic “ usually means backward step in quality .

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I have an Original mod35 and a Gecado mod35, I believe they're basically the same gun but with different tradenames for the different places they're sent to, I read that Gecado (Or Geco) went to the U.S., Australia and South Africa..

The sights are quite different on to each other!!

Original 35.

Gecado 35

John
    Mine is the top photo rear sight John.

I assume if I had it, that would be the correct front sight as well.

Mine is the top photo rear sight John.

I assume if I had it, that would be the correct front sight as well.
    That's not the usual 35S front sight but knowing Diana, some could have left the factory with that type fitted. It was more commonly seen on the regular 35 though.
    If you PM me your address, I'll send down what I have on a use or return basis.

Thanks very much Drew. I’d be happy to try them out and report back.
    I assume the indexing pin just identifies each numbered turn of the elevation wheel and is none essential to at least make the rear sight function ?..

I wonder if I could make a pin ??

Other stuff to work on.

I’ll address the stock and it’s minor issues as a last job, couple of white paint scuffs and a few little dings. Nothing that can’t be sorted though.

The action is very smooth so I’m going to just shoot it ( when I can aim it ! ) in the garden and see how it goes.
    The metal work is near perfect and will 000 wire wool / oil to bring it up nicely .

Sadly the barrel was sprayed after being scratched leaning it on a fence, it’s full of runs in the poor paint job, so that will be rubbed down to get it off and oiled for now until I decide on a re-spray method.

All good stuff !
    The pin has a sprung ball to enable indexing between numbered increments on the wheel. I see they are out of stock at Chambers.

[QUOTE=Drew451;7816785]That's not the usual 35S front sight but knowing Diana, some could have left the factory with that type fitted. It was more commonly seen on the regular 35 though.
    If you PM me your address, I'll send down what I have on a use or return basis.[/QUOTE

Because of the kind generosity from you Drew, I now have a Mod 35 S that has all of its bits and is back shooting !

You are a gent.

Thanks again.