Thread: Greetings from Coffee Country!

Greetings from Coffee Country!

Howdy from the western slope of the central range of the Andes mountains! We currently live in the heart of Colombia's Coffee Country. I"m a life long shooter starting back around just before the beginning of the last quarter of the 20th Century. For the last quarter of a century we've been here in the Andes. This has pushed me to develop my interests in and participation in the airgunning sports. No limitations other than only being allowed to obtain the same from licensed importers. Even so, most of my shooting is done around the UK 12 FPE limit. Not hunting, not much space to "reach out beyond", so 12 FPE does it quite nicely. We've got a few PCP's but most shooting we do is with springer, single stroke pneumatic or CO2. The latest acquisition is a used AirArms MPR FT rifle so we'll see how that works out for getting more trigger time in PCP. Looking forward to giving it a workout in 25 meter air benchrest.
    I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. The shooting sports tend to promote self control and are peaceably participated in by those who know that their greatest challenge is their need to continually hone their own abilities.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Welcome..lots if knowledge and opinions to be had here
    Gun control means using both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by AmBraCol View Post
    Howdy from the western slope of the central range of the Andes mountains! We currently live in the heart of Colombia's Coffee Country. I"m a life long shooter starting back around just before the beginning of the last quarter of the 20th Century. For the last quarter of a century we've been here in the Andes. This has pushed me to develop my interests in and participation in the airgunning sports. No limitations other than only being allowed to obtain the same from licensed importers. Even so, most of my shooting is done around the UK 12 FPE limit. Not hunting, not much space to "reach out beyond", so 12 FPE does it quite nicely. We've got a few PCP's but most shooting we do is with springer, single stroke pneumatic or CO2. The latest acquisition is a used AirArms MPR FT rifle so we'll see how that works out for getting more trigger time in PCP. Looking forward to giving it a workout in 25 meter air benchrest.
    Hi Paul,

Nice to see you on the bbs

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by urx View Post
    Welcome..lots if knowledge and opinions to be had here
    Thank you!
    I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports. The shooting sports tend to promote self control and are peaceably participated in by those who know that their greatest challenge is their need to continually hone their own abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Hi Paul,

Nice to see you on the bbs

Nick
    Uh-oh, someone left the door open!

And they didn't shut it quick enough. Hi Paul

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    There goes the neighborhood!

Uh-oh, someone left the door open!
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    There goes the neighborhood!
    Pah

Hi everyone, nice to catch up with you guys

Welcome to the BBS, Paul.

You want to be careful up them there Andes --- my cousin, Simon, went there and his mate Jo fell off Siula Grande.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Welcome to the BBS, Paul.

You want to be careful up them there Andes --- my cousin, Simon, went there and his mate Jo fell off Siula Grande.

All the best Mick
    Thanks, Mick! You made me look. Never heard of Siula Grande before. Further south quite a ways from where we are. We used to be able to drive up to around 4,900 meters, park and then hike up to around 5,150 meters without a guide. But Ruiz woke up and started smoking and no one's allowed up there any more, more's the pity. Our Andes aren't nearly as high as Siula Grande, the highest in Colombia being Santa Marta at 5,528 meters. We can see three snow caps from here - on a clear day. We're about 800 km north of the equator, but at just over 4,000 ft elevation it's usually decent temperatures. Down where I usually shoot, however, it can be quite warm. Just 3,100 feet or so there.

Thanks, Mick! You made me look. Never heard of Siula Grande before. Further south quite a ways from where we are. We used to be able to drive up to around 4,900 meters, park and then hike up to around 5,150 meters without a guide. But Ruiz woke up and started smoking and no one's allowed up there any more, more's the pity. Our Andes aren't nearly as high as Siula Grande, the highest in Colombia being Santa Marta at 5,528 meters. We can see three snow caps from here - on a clear day. We're about 800 km north of the equator, but at just over 4,000 ft elevation it's usually decent temperatures. Down where I usually shoot, however, it can be quite warm. Just 3,100 feet or so there.

Sounds idyllic, Paul.

I only know about Suila Grande as they made a film about Jo and my cousin Simon trying to climb it :-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touc...he_Void_(film)

I haven't actually seen the twat since 1983.

All the best Mick