Thread: Tesro

Tesro

Stumbled across their website and must admit that I hadn’t heard of them (but there again I’ve never shot 10m)
    and was curious to how their products are regarded in that arena for things like quality,etc?
    Must say they do look a quality product (well to my eye )

Damian

Quote Originally Posted by damas View Post
    Stumbled across their website and must admit that I hadn’t heard of them (but there again I’ve never shot 10m)
    and was curious to how their products are regarded in that arena for things like quality,etc?
    Must say they do look a quality product (well to my eye )

Damian
    Hi Damian,

I have owned a TESRO RS100 match rifle and it has some familiarity with the Walther match rifles that I enjoy shooting, and it has been suggested to me that the person who designed the Walther LG300XT rifle later left Walther and formed his own business - TESRO.

This rifle is still in use at RMTC by a fellow club member and it is a very accurate good looking match rifle. The side lever cocking lever is the most noticeable difference between the TESRO and Walther LG300 match rifles as otherwise they both feel quite similar to each other.

A few months after buying his RS100 from me, my club mate went to the Harrogate show to visit the TESRO stand as he was really happy about his RS100 and wanted to find out a little more and possibly treat himself to something new, but when it was obvious that he already owned a TESRO match rifle (and presumably it was thought that he not looking to buy another new rifle) he was not given any encouragement and came away a little disappointed.

Some time later, a good used Walther LG300XT came up for sale and my club mate bought that and is very impressed and happy with it. He still has has RS100 and shoots it in the MPL Supported Air Rifle competition (and shoots his LG300XT as his main 10 meter match rifle).

The current (and more recent design) Walther LG400 may also be worth a look if you are considering buying a new match rifle.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-02-2020 at 08:45 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Many thanks for your reply and information.
    Like I say have never done any 10m shooting before but have decided to treat myself tomorrow as really missing shooting (done a bit of ft before)but between work and home commitments have found it impossible to make the club day.
    Nice to hear that that they have a good reputation with those who have experienced them.

Damian

a couple at our club have their pcp pistols (for some time now) with no issues and do well with them.
    ATB
    James

I was in correspondence with Dave Mills when they took the small bore 22lr rifles into the country and was sorely tempted to buy a new one. I thought the Tesro SBR100 was one of the nicest looking guns out there and definitely had the wow factor.

The prices started creeping up though and were not far behind the main stream manufacturers for a basic rifle from when I inquired first to my follow up inquiry (I did wait pretty much a whole summer as I shoot in a winter league so it was around 8 months).

I spoke with a firearms dealer that I know and he pretty much put me off when discussing residuals for lesser known makers in the long term. In the end I bought a fairly new anschutz in an alloy stock which I'm very pleased with, I'm sure the Tesro's are great guns but overall I know a nice Anschutz or Walther would sell quickly - my last Anschutz that I advertised sold in 12 hours on one of the other shooting forums.

How long would it take to sell a lesser known make, the dealer told me an Anschutz / Walther / Feinwerkbau will sell and always has done, that pretty well made my mind up for me. Another factor for me was spares and back up, while none of them are perfect I know you'll not be stuck for the ones mentioned above (unless really old guns @ 50+ years).

That's my tuppence and don't take my views the wrong way as I'm sure the Tesro is a fine gun and wish Dave and his team well. If something different with a wow factor is your thing then get the Tesro bought, me I'm just a miserable scotsman who grudges spending every penny lol.

Regards Alan

Agree that any finances are more wisely put into more established makes but was curious about how the brand was regarded amongst the shooting community.
    Could never see myself buying new tbh for I am far too tight for that.
    If itÂ’s something I carry on and enjoy would just try to go with trying as many makes/models as possible to find what I felt suits me and I enjoyed and then look for that second hand but wouldnÂ’t necessarily disregard a lesser known brand if I felt it met my main criteria (although potential servicing availability would be a factor)

Damian

You could probably do a lot worse than to speak with the importer and ask him if he has any used rifle's in stock and judge for yourself if you think the response that you get is helpful and enthusiastic as you may have to depend on him for help, advice, spares and service if you become a TESRO owner.

With new TESRO prices now being so close to the mainline established rival manufacturers products (such as Feinwerkbau, Walther, Anschutz, Steyr etc) a new purchase would need careful consideration, but the higher depreciation (they are harder to sell-on than the established brands) could work in your favour if you can find a nice used example at a good price.

The rifles do shoot very well and feel very much like the older Walther LG300XT, and these can also be found at similar used prices!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

When I spoke to Dave first time around, he said that Peter at Tesro was making 12 guns a year (22LR small bore - not air guns) and the dealers were on a waiting list. He did say that production was going to increase to 25 and he was hoping to get a couple in and at that time it was put down a deposit and wait for a call telling you were one of the lucky ones. Ian Strotten has one so if you know him get in touch and he will tell you all about them.

Hi sorry for such a delay in replying, I've been off computers for some time, so my comments may not be relevant to yourself but useful to others.
    Firstly Tesro guns are made by a small family business in Bavaria, they will never be mainstream, because they are hand built, attention to detail is mind blowing, for instance you won't find sharp edges on the metal work, they are carefully removed. Yes the design is similar to Walther, as Peter was a designer there until a parting of ways and thus TESRO was born.
    I own the second officially imported one, brought in by Dave Mills the official importer, sadly these are not off the shelf guns so there will always be a waiting time, but on air weapons it's not too bad; plus now you can have all sorts of wonderful colours and combinations. Also Dave usually delivers a new one to the buyer where possible, to welcome them into the ''family''
    Please contact Dave if you need info. I'm over the moon with mine, now 7yrs old and never put a foot wrong.
    I came up with the slogan ''enjoy the Tesro smile'' after seeing everyone doing just that at the shooting shows when I help demo them.
    Sorry it's a little late but if it helps anyone that's fine.

Tesro

Hello ,I got a second hand Tesro rs100 signum a year ago. What a cracking rifle! They are hand made in Germany by a family firm with the man at the top being ex Walt her research and development. All guns are made to order and the attention to detail is outstanding. I shoot 10m and 6 yard with mine and since going from a feinwekbau 800 to Tesro my scores have well improved. I even shot my first open at Havant last October and got a 1st in my division so well happy.regarding the way the gun shoots, it’s on par with the anschutz 9015 one. Both balance the same ,feel the same through the firing cycle and give the same excellent results. My gun has performed faultlessly and are worth every penny.spoke to Dave mills and met him at shooting shows many times and found him to be really helpful
    Regards alan