Thread: Left hand FWB 300

Left hand FWB 300

looking for a left hand target rifle, would like a 300s, but open to what is out there, don't want a pcp though

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    looking for a left hand target rifle, would like a 300s, but open to what is out there, don't want a pcp though

Rob
    Most of the classic springer sidelever/fixed barrel target rifles were made with left-handed stocks: FWB 150, 300, 300S; Anschutz 250 and 380, etc. And as far as I know most of the newer single-stroke pneumatics by Walther, FWB, and Anschutz come in lefty, or at least ambidextrous, stocks. But only the Anschutz 220 and Diana 75 springers were made with true left-hand actions, i.e. with the cocking lever on the left side.

The Hammerli 450 and Haenel 550 SSP rifles have a top-mounted charging lever which is an interestingly ambi compromise.

You might also consider a barrel-cocking rifle, whose actions of course are not inherently “handed” at all. The Diana (Original) 60, 65, and 66 have recoilless double-piston actions like their model 75. The older recoiling Weihrauch HW 55, Walther LG 53, LG 55, LGV, and LGV “Spezial” are also great-shooting barrel-cockers. All of these were made with lefty stocks.

Many thanks for the information, i just want one in an ambi or lefty stock, i'm not bothered about a true lefty action, my left shoulder is knackerd so i'm happy coking them with the right hand !

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by MDriskill View Post
    Most of the classic springer sidelever/fixed barrel target rifles were made with left-handed stocks: FWB 150, 300, 300S; Anschutz 250 and 380, etc. And as far as I know most of the newer single-stroke pneumatics by Walther, FWB, and Anschutz come in lefty, or at least ambidextrous, stocks. But only the Anschutz 220 and Diana 75 springers were made with true left-hand actions, i.e. with the cocking lever on the left side.

The Hammerli 450 and Haenel 550 SSP rifles have a top-mounted charging lever which is an interestingly ambi compromise.

You might also consider a barrel-cocking rifle, whose actions of course are not inherently “handed” at all. The Diana (Original) 60, 65, and 66 have recoilless double-piston actions like their model 75. The older recoiling Weihrauch HW 55, Walther LG 53, LG 55, LGV, and LGV “Spezial” are also great-shooting barrel-cockers. All of these were made with lefty stocks.
    All good info for a Southpaw !
    Thanks !
    “An airgun or two”………