Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don’t you guys wish you could sell your BSA’s in the US?

Don’t you guys wish you could sell your BSA’s in the US?

Is this crazy or am I missing something? And not done yet.

Looks a very nice one.
    Would not be cheap here.

But point taken.

I expect many would be happy over here if they could sell their excess on Evil-bay, without breaking them to pieces.

This country just gets worse...

For an average BSA Standard, you need merely google the name and 'for sale' and you will find them at a little under £300 on average, I believe, over here.

That is considerably less than what appears to be the going price over there!

Rgds
    A

Yes. Be good to make a Yank happy by giving him a nice old English gun.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Yes it would be great, we could make a real killing.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Not sure what exactly what the exchange rate is but that sounds like a lot of money. Is it simply that more people want old BSA’s than there is available, wasn’t there many sold over there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Not sure what exactly what the exchange rate is but that sounds like a lot of money. Is it simply that more people want old BSA’s than there is available, wasn’t there many sold over there in the first place?
    Their were few imported over here, same with the Webley Mk3. So what is a common rifle for you is a rare one for us. You do see them but not often. I’ve gone to 2 to 3 Airgun Shows a year over here and over the last 3 years and have seen maybe 3? Bought one. Auction sites maybe 5 a year and many not shootable. This was the highest I’ve seen but $600-800 is where they seem to be lately? Ironically your Mk3 seems even a tuffer find here? I think the good ones find there way into collections and don’t come out very often?
    Last edited by 45flint; 28-02-2020 at 04:49 PM.

I suppose with the abundance of live firearms in the U.S.A. air guns are much less popular than here in the UK with a consequent differential in prices due to relative rarity. I wonder if there is a similar differential in the prices for the rarer U.S made air guns over here.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I suppose with the abundance of live firearms in the U.S.A. air guns are much less popular than here in the UK with a consequent differential in prices due to relative rarity. I wonder if there is a similar differential in the prices for the rarer U.S made air guns over here.
    Brian
    Hard for me to know here cause hard for me to know what US guns are desirable over there. Seems to me it’s always the Crosman CO2 guns, Blue Streaks, etc. They just made so many of them. Crosman in 1967 made 600,000 guns. Once you get into collecting quality Airguns, the models you want seem to be English or German?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    If a US citizen were to holiday in the UK and chose to purchase airguns here, what are the practicalities of that or restrictions for either country’s customs areas and the individuals pocket ?
    Is this feasible ?
    Obviously a lot of paperwork with all items accurately documented and shipped as cargo with the necessary security.
    “An airgun or two”………

more ike i wish i could buy airgun for sale in the usa and import them here. id be bankrupt by know buying whiscombes

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    If a US citizen were to holiday in the UK and chose to purchase airguns here, what are the practicalities of that or restrictions for either country’s customs areas and the individuals pocket ?
    Is this feasible ?
    Obviously a lot of paperwork with all items accurately documented and shipped as cargo with the necessary security.
    I’ve not heard of anyone getting a Airgun out of the UK in recent times? I bought a English Hy-Score pistol from a fellow that was brought back from visiting relatives in the UK but he traveled in the 1990’s I believe? I know Auction Airguns were successfully brought in from the US to the UK last year. But a bit of a hassle and cost as I remember. I don’t think it would be a problem coming into the US, Airguns are not Federally regulated here.

Steve, the problem is with the shipping carriers. Long ago Parcelforce (Royal Mail) was quick at relatively reasonable cost and I used it numerous times. At some point after 9/11 they restricted air guns to sea freight still at somewhat okay cost. Eventually they banned shipping to the U.S. (maybe all international?) altogether. As I recall, both Fedex Express and UPS will now not bring stuff to us from the UK (did it once and the cost was $350). There may be an airfreight courier service that still will ship to the U.S. but I think the hit was expected to be around $400 as determined by Ingvar a while back.

A similar thing happened with Germany - Deutschepost/DHL brought me many items until they stopped handling anything "gun" and now contract air carriage is around $350.

Maybe a trip to Kensington with a big suitcase is in order?

Don R.

Quote Originally Posted by draitzer View Post
    Steve, the problem is with the shipping carriers. Long ago Parcelforce (Royal Mail) was quick at relatively reasonable cost and I used it numerous times. At some point after 9/11 they restricted air guns to sea freight still at somewhat okay cost. Eventually they banned shipping to the U.S. (maybe all international?) altogether. As I recall, both Fedex Express and UPS will now not bring stuff to us from the UK (did it once and the cost was $350). There may be an airfreight courier service that still will ship to the U.S. but I think the hit was expected to be around $400 as determined by Ingvar a while back.

A similar thing happened with Germany - Deutschepost/DHL brought me many items until they stopped handling anything "gun" and now contract air carriage is around $350.

Maybe a trip to Kensington with a big suitcase is in order?

Don R.
    Do you know if they would allow Airguns in a stowed suitcase on a plane back to the US? On my bucket list is a visit to Abbey Road Studio!