Thread: Black powder storage

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Black powder storage

Is there a particular way I should keep it? I got 2kg in 500g pots in the post Friday, my initial thought was in the cupboard under the sink, then my wife suggested the shed. She had a funny look on her face

I want to balance out getting it damp with blowing the house sky high. What are your storage solutions?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

A nice little wooden storage box like wot I make.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

as above

BP Storage

Little wooden storage box as described

Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Thanks all

Black powder

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Is there a particular way I should keep it? I got 2kg in 500g pots in the post Friday, my initial thought was in the cupboard under the sink, then my wife suggested the shed. She had a funny look on her face

I want to balance out getting it damp with blowing the house sky high. What are your storage solutions?

Hi I am surprised your FEO did not tell you exactly where and how to store it when he/she issued your black powder licence! mine did, even insisted the storage box was chained to my bench.
    Could you let me know where you bought it from? I cant get anyone to deliver it!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dunkley View Post
    Hi I am surprised your FEO did not tell you exactly where and how to store it when he/she issued your black powder licence! mine did, even insisted the storage box was chained to my bench.
    Could you let me know where you bought it from? I cant get anyone to deliver it!
    Look at where he lives-----
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Black powder

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Look at where he lives-----
    Thank you for that . I grow old!!!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344

Been storing my BP in a home made UK spec wooden box chained to some racking in the garage (FEO wanted it in the house but I blank refused that). Those plastic screw top containers do not let any moisture in so no worries about dampness - only concession I make to damp is I bring one pot into the house and let it temperature equalise before I open it to avoid condensation inside when the air gets to it.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    Been storing my BP in a home made UK spec wooden box chained to some racking in the garage (FEO wanted it in the house but I blank refused that). Those plastic screw top containers do not let any moisture in so no worries about dampness - only concession I make to damp is I bring one pot into the house and let it temperature equalise before I open it to avoid condensation inside when the air gets to it.
    Now that is useful! I will get/make a box this week and store them in the hangar!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Now that is useful! I will get/make a box this week and store them in the hangar!
    You got an airfield?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

My FEO came last week and was very impressed with Desg's box. (Avon and Somerset)

Quote Originally Posted by SN12 View Post
    My FEO came last week and was very impressed with Desg's box. (Avon and Somerset)
    Most reassuring. I’ve had no complaints yet.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Most reassuring. I’ve had no complaints yet.

Hmm. I may enquire after a box and leather bag for my Badger when things return to something more representative of "normal"

I made a nice little leather bag for bullets which fits in the stock(?). I had a 20 quid 4x32 scope arrive today from china. It's a Bushnel and seems ok but the mounts supplied are about six inches tall so I've just made a new rail for some low mounts I had in the cupboard. It's anodizing at the mo but I'll post a pic when it's cooked in a couple of hours.

I could have brought you a box when we came over in May/June but that's not going to happen. They're item 264284336733 and 264609906518 on the bay. It should be easy enough to send you one.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi