Thread: Your barn doors (or even barns!) are safe!

Your barn doors (or even barns!) are safe!

Realised I had hardly shot any pistols for at 2 years. So, as it was sunny & I had a day off work, out to the garden with a tin can & my much loved Wobbly Premier. 1st shot, circa 6 yards, plink, down the can goes. The next 9 miss, or at best glance off the side.
    Hmm. Find some white card, mark up some aiming points, set it out at 6 yards. Four more groups (I use the term loosely!) of ten, best I get is 2". Do notice some dieselling.
    Next I get out the .22 Hurricane I've owned for 30 years, better. Again, 50 shots, under 2", but not by much.
    These were shot 2 handed using Eley Wasp 5.6mm.
    Then I decide to have a play with the CO2 bb firing Umarex P08 'Luger'. Despite the cold weather & basic sights, 2 mags (40 shots), groups circa 1".

Conclusion - I really need to do some serious pistol practise!
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Sounds very similar to my Air pistol prowess !
    “An airgun or two”………

Ta for that, Blackrider - made me feel a lot better! I'll do more practise with the Webleys - I was really surprised that I got better groups with the BB Luger than my 'classic' pistols. When I was last using them, the results would have been the other way about.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    That’s what I need to do.....practice !
    “An airgun or two”………