Thread: Walther Century Piston ?..No longer glided ?

Walther Century Piston ?..No longer glided ?

Just opened up a recently acquired Walther Century to find no latch rods or piston bearing fitted ? Have they
    changed the internals ? What was in there was very well finished and akin to old Webley type sear arrangement.

I'm afraid you're in possession of a (simple) CENTURY like sold in Germany and may be elsewhere.
    This version has the (simple) XT-trigger (like TERRUS/PARRUS/CLASSUS) and thus a non-rotary piston without bearings and piston rod.
    Have a look here.

What you're expecting is most probably the genuine CENTURY GT with the XM-trigger (like LGV/LGU) as generally sold to GB anyway also showing a non-rotary piston.

Much better gun due to the trigger system but both types with each a 30mm-system (stroke 88-89mm) are IMHO way to massive for sub-12fpe and in FAC-regions they are useless due to the long TP (about 24 x 3,3 mm).

I fettled ea one of this types and rate them quite useless.
    Love my LGV .177 sub-12 and just buying another one.

Last edited by pelletcaster; 04-01-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks for the reply....Tbh the trigger system isn’t that bad, and the action is very smooth which is why I was surprised to see the guts looking like this. I have an LGV .177 this has more mass in motion for sure, it really is well put together, the finish fit and lock up is really good. The bluing is excellent.

It does group and is accurate....for what I paid for it I will be interested to see how it performs.

Mine had a rough and creepy trigger and there is not much you can improve there.
    OK - I polished the sear and put a lighter spring in and this helped a little bit but in no way it came close to the XM-trigger or a Rekord or a CD.

Happy shooting and keep us informed.

Hey Pelletcaster,

Some months on and update.....This LGV is not a bad little number. Yes it has the limitations on the trigger and piston is a beast, the accuracy is not far off my LGV. Does a similar spread to my HW 95 k. Stock is Varminter, it’s comfortable, and very practical.

Once you get used to the rifle it regularly shoots 5p coin size groups at 25 yards from rest. 3/4 at 45...Which ain’t bad at all.