Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Urgent Urgent

Urgent Urgent Urgent

GO TO THE THREAD "DO YOU CARE" AND DO IT NOW

YOUR VOICE COUNTS

AND IF YOU DONT USE YOUR VOICE THEN NOBODY WILL HEAR.

GET LOUD

GET VOCAL

DO IT

and

DO IT NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LETERS HAVE BEEN DONE.

YOU KNOW HOW TO COPY AND PASTE

AND IT TAKES MINUTES.

SO PLEASE

GO DO IT NOW
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Velocette Guest
    Whilst I support your concerns about the proposed changes to air gun law,,the general view that the democratic process will correct things is, sadly a deluded one. The assumption that because our cause is just, then justice will prevail,is not realistic. This government will do whatever is sees fit to maintain it in power,,,and the views of a few airgunners won't change that. I don't mean to be unhelpfull or unsupportive,,,just pragmatic. I've seen too many good and just causes be disregarded for reasons of political expediency.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocette
    Whilst I support your concerns about the proposed changes to air gun law,,the general view that the democratic process will correct things is, sadly a deluded one. The assumption that because our cause is just, then justice will prevail,is not realistic. This government will do whatever is sees fit to maintain it in power,,,and the views of a few airgunners won't change that. I don't mean to be unhelpfull or unsupportive,,,just pragmatic. I've seen too many good and just causes be disregarded for reasons of political expediency.
    And that attitude will help anyone will it? for ****s sake

Mike H Guest
    So do nothing then If enough MP's read these emails/letters and get our view across .. who knows what effect it might have. Or then again, we could just do .. nothing.
    Mike.

Mike H Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr
    GO TO THE THREAD "DO YOU CARE" AND DO IT NOW

YOUR VOICE COUNTS

AND IF YOU DONT USE YOUR VOICE THEN NOBODY WILL HEAR.

GET LOUD

GET VOCAL

DO IT

and

DO IT NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LETERS HAVE BEEN DONE.

YOU KNOW HOW TO COPY AND PASTE

AND IT TAKES MINUTES.

SO PLEASE

GO DO IT NOW
    Cheers Steyr,
    exactly how do we make it a sticky ? I've tried PM'ing admin and mods.
    Mike.

Velocette Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie
    And that attitude will help anyone will it? for ****s sake
    Its not being defeatist,,,,just realistic. Tell me how many pieces of legislation has the government rescinded because of user-group pressure? Indeed,,how many pieces of proposed legislation have they decided against? We think that airgunning as a sport is important,,,but not important enough for many Labour MP's to stick their neck out over.

Mike H Guest
    Its not being defeatist,,,,just realistic. Tell me how many pieces of legislation has the government rescinded because of user-group pressure? Indeed,,how many pieces of proposed legislation have they decided against? We think that airgunning as a sport is important,,,but not important enough for many Labour MP's to stick their neck out over.
    I refer the Right Honourable Gentleman to the above post
    Mike.

Quite simply if we let walk all over us they will make sure we are well and truely trod into the ground .

There is one thing that is absolutely certain.

If you do nothing you have lost.

At least try, it might not be successful but you will have tried.

ATB
    Ray.

Mike H Guest
    Velo,
    I was one of the unfortunate paople who had their handguns removed/grabbed off them. It may not make a difference again, but I'm dammed if I'll give up easily. Remember, this will just be a first step of many It doesn't take much effort to fire off an email mate
    Mike.

Velocette Guest
    The Duke of Wellington,when asked the reason for his many successes replied that he picked his battles carefully.

Velocette Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H
    Velo,
    I was one of the unfortunate paople who had their handguns removed/grabbed off them. It may not make a difference again, but I'm dammed if I'll give up easily. Remember, this will just be a first step of many It doesn't take much effort to fire off an email mate
    Mike.
    I completly agree with that sentiment,,,and I too won't give up easily the sport enjoy. So,,I will send an e-mail,,and to h*ll with the lot of them

Velocette

Velocette Whilst I support your concerns about the proposed changes to air gun law,,the general view that the democratic process will correct things is, sadly a deluded one. The assumption that because our cause is just, then justice will prevail,is not realistic. This government will do whatever is sees fit to maintain it in power,,,and the views of a few airgunners won't change that. I don't mean to be unhelpfull or unsupportive,,,just pragmatic. I've seen too many good and just causes be disregarded for reasons of political expediency.

And

Its not being defeatist,,,,just realistic.

I am sorry but yes you are a defeatist, you might also be realistic as well, but thats no excuse for not trying. If we all took your attitude, nothing would ever get done.

All apathy will get us is banned, as anti-social lunatics who go out and shoot babies. It's time to stand up for ourselves and our sport. I for one don't like being labelled as anti-social scum. I am not and will stand up for the rights of the vast majority of right minded people who shoot. I have written to my MP and so should you get on with it NOW.

Rant over. Please write to your MP, if only to show that we are not in the main what the press and public opinion, make us out to be. Also we should all joint the BASC and/or the BASA who on the whole seem to be doing a good job for us all.
    Buggy2 (Nigel)

Mike H Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Buggy2
    Velocette Whilst I support your concerns about the proposed changes to air gun law,,the general view that the democratic process will correct things is, sadly a deluded one. The assumption that because our cause is just, then justice will prevail,is not realistic. This government will do whatever is sees fit to maintain it in power,,,and the views of a few airgunners won't change that. I don't mean to be unhelpfull or unsupportive,,,just pragmatic. I've seen too many good and just causes be disregarded for reasons of political expediency.

And

Its not being defeatist,,,,just realistic.

I am sorry but yes you are a defeatist, you might also be realistic as well, but thats no excuse for not trying. If we all took your attitude, nothing would ever get done.

All apathy will get us is banned, as anti-social lunatics who go out and shoot babies. It's time to stand up for ourselves and our sport. I for one don't like being labelled as anti-social scum. I am not and will stand up for the rights of the vast majority of right minded people who shoot. I have written to my MP and so should you get on with it NOW.

Rant over. Please write to your MP, if only to show that we are not in the main what the press and public opinion, make us out to be. Also we should all joint the BASC and/or the BASA who on the whole seem to be doing a good job for us all.
    Bet you wished you waited another couple of minutes before sending that one
    Mike.

Posted by Mike H

Bet you wished you waited another couple of minutes before sending that one
    Mike.

Hey ho, your right but I still think my sentiments are correct. We should fight this all the way.

Nigel
    Buggy2 (Nigel)