Hello Steve,
Thanks for the response and for providing a better idea of what others get up to when at their different ranges up and down the country. I belonged to just one club for over 30 years as we had both an indoor range and a separate outdoor range set in the lovely grounds of the Goodwood Estate in West Sussex. Unfortunately, we had a rather loose agreement with the estate which meant we paid little rent, but also had little protection in the event the land was needed for some other purpose. Two years ago now the estate decided to offer corporate clay pigeon days to residents at their local hotel which spelt the end for our use of the range we had spent so much time building and maintaining. Fortunately, we still had our indoor facility to continue shooting and have updated this to allow for full bore pistol calibre rifles and nitro conversion revolvers. As I have always been a pistol shooter, I added a nitro conversion revolver to my collection in order to keep shooting until I could find a club with suitable outdoor facilities to allow use of my BP revolvers. I have since found such a club with excellent 100yd - 50yd -25yd firing points which can accommodate just about every discipline you could wish to take part in. Before the UK breech loading pistol ban, I used to love shooting PP1 as a change from precision and am thinking about getting a similar competition going for muzzle loading revolvers. One thing for sure, I will definitely appreciate my days on the range more when the present restrictions are eventually lifted.
Brian