Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: starting reloading for a snider

okay done
    Cheers
    David

Quote Originally Posted by helidave1 View Post
    Hi Tac, I love it when people have enthusiasm for something, even if it doesn't rock my boat I think the world needs as much enthusiasm as it can muster. I took your advise and bought the mkiii Snider that I emailed you about. The price was good and apart from the fact that everybody in France thinks wire wool is a solution to everything regarding old firearms, I love owning it and really would like another one (with some history) as well at some point. For the moment, I think firearms are meant to be fired so thats my aim at the moment above all else and once I get some lead down range I will improve it from there - your advise is much appreciated and Robs videos are something else, I'm already starting to grow my moustache in homage to the man! I also managed to get hold of the snide enfield book without paying the stupid price that some advertise it for - just reading all I can about the history of it.
    All the best and thanks again.

David
    Now THIS is what I call a positive vote!!! Definitely a cheer-up call on a day when most things look like ratship for most of us, except the people profiteering from our misery, that is. Finding one with history is not a problem in Canada, where they were actually issued to troops as late as 1905!!! ANY Canadian Snider you can find will have the butt marked with the unit as well as the rack number, too. Because they are so common they are not as valued as, say a Martini-Henry or -Enfield would be in the UK, which is a crying shame. A buddy of mine in New Brunswick actually uses his with ball to take down his annual 'Christmas whitetail', and reports that it works very satisfactorily with an 85gr load and 5952 ball.

Seeing as how you have the book, you don't need me anymore now.

Stick with rob's advice, he really IS the Man where shooting Sniders in concerned.

Cheers TAC but good advise is always needed and a book is fine but a person is better (sometimes!) I will be in touch if I still have all my fingers after trying it.

I must admit to hankering after another but like I said, I want to shoot my rifles where possible so I will focus on the one I have and take it from there.

Cheers
    David