Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most reliable PCP

Most reliable PCP

Having serviced three of my pcp rifles over the last couple of days that were either leaking or low on power I would appreciate the learned members thoughts on what is the most reliable trouble free pcp they have owned

AirArms S400/410 had a few over the years index spring thing went once on my 410, dont think I've ever had a leak.

AA s300. still on the same seals which are over 10yrs old. never missed a heart beat.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    HW80
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

my steyr h5 semi auto.no issues from new,havent even cleaned the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    HW80
    Dear Mr Tinbum, I don’t think you are entering this thread in the spirit it was meant

Out of all my pcps id say my smk p10, very simple and built like a tank. Now I've said that it will probably break!!! Next would be my bsa ultra mmc and scorpion one seal change between them in 7years

Been on the Rapids for about 15 years, Only needed a reg serviced on my mk2 , Partly my fault as I married the buddy bottles using the reg holder while on the gun. Bit of swarf must of got stuck somewhere, would have thought the AA range would have been amongst the best,

It's important as you've done and learn to strip them safely and maintain them. There's always something that will wear, my s410 TDR had a broken hammer spring end but still worked. The stealths have all worked flawlessly even though they had a bad reputation. Even the logun s16 is fine once the seals have been upgraded and you follow the correct manual procedures.The key is to get to know whatever rifle you have in the cabinet and how it functions and take preventative measures.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    An SMLE or No.4 will work in a sand-bath East of Suez or on the glassy frozen wastes of northern Canada, they can even be used when they run out of bullets. Ten shot magazine and five rounds to the clip, don't trust your life to an air-rifle.

Both my Daystate Airwolf's never miss.........a beat.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Rapid.

Snigger.

Only joking!
    Master Debater

I’ve had my s410k for what must be 15 years now. It’s had an indexing post and a set of seals. (We won’t mention the reservoir tube following the accidental 300bar fill.....)

Quote Originally Posted by lightning22 View Post
    I’ve had my s410k for what must be 15 years now. It’s had an indexing post and a set of seals. (We won’t mention the reservoir tube following the accidental 300bar fill.....)
    I had a s410 for years , sold it a while back, Only ever needed the barrel band grub screws tightened a little as it had worked loose,

Yep, the S400 series imo is as reliable as they come
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25