Thread: Anschutz Foresight Elements Compatibilty

Anschutz Foresight Elements Compatibilty

Anschutz Foresight Elements Compatibilty

Friend of mine has an Anschutz 335 with diopter sights. The foresight element has broken, Do Parker Hale ones fit, or do only Anschutz ones work please.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

If the tunnel is a standard Anschutz size (nominal 18mm thread diameter, 17mm-ish element diameter), other makes of the same size should fit. With metal elements you can file the lugs if these are too large.

Do remember than a lot of PH elements are smaller than Anschutz. I think they only made 18mm elements from the 1970s. Apertures might also be on the small size for current NSRA 10m targets.

Just my opinion, but in practical terms only Anschutz metal inserts will work. Those should be relatively easy to find, though. As already mentioned, the classic older PH sights are much smaller.

As an aside, the 335 I formerly owned had Anschutz’s least expensive front sight, which had a spring-loaded gizmo retaining the sight insert. Their better sights with 18 mm threaded retaining sleeve are a lot easier to use, plus are able to accept the many accessories made by Gehmann, Centra, etc., for that type of sights. There are also inexpensive clear acrylic ring elements made for 18 mm sights.

Thank you
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."