Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diana Pellet Tin finally arrives from Germany

Diana Pellet Tin finally arrives from Germany

A generous gift from a German forum member arrived today after a month in transit from German: and that was priority mail! Crazy times. Looks like post war to me even though we have lots of Diana leg, the pellets look so nice. This was the exact same graphics used prewar. Would be interesting to know when they changed to a more modern look but it is very cool to add to my Diana collection. Matches my leggy Model 58. These could only have been sold under the Diana name in Germany?

Last edited by 45flint; 03-04-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Wow, how are those not all white and crusty? I've never seen that pellet tin before, cool.
    If you are already aiming for the exact center of everything, then the target’s size shouldn’t matter — the center of a beach ball is just as big as the center of an aspirin tablet. -Byron Ferguson

I'm seeing a mixture of pellets .

Originals ?

I don't know .

Very nice tin regardless ..

Most the pellets look like early rws superdome to me, not sure they are the pellets that would of been in that tin from new, just my opinion, Nice tin though.

I have to assume the pellets are original but will ask the collector from Germany who sent it to me. See if he knows, he may have bought it used. The pellets seem all the same to me and have to have been coated? When did they start doing that?
    Last edited by 45flint; 03-04-2020 at 03:17 PM.

My gut is in Germany Diana kept these old graphics for quite a while after the war. Maybe farther than we realized as the Diana name was not for export? Surprising to me some German collector doesn’t chime in?

The pellets do look rather fresh. Why do you think this is a postwar tin Steve? Is it the fine condition?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

aimless Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    Thanks posted a pic see what the Germans know.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    The pellets do look rather fresh. Why do you think this is a postwar tin Steve? Is it the fine condition?
    Yes it’s the condition the tin just does not look that old to me? It’s kind of the old saying if it looks too good to be true it probably isn’t? I would love for it to be prewar but it’s just hard for me to believe it.
    Last edited by 45flint; 03-04-2020 at 10:26 PM.

Got an answer from the German forum put it through Google translate: “Unfortunately not that old, max. 10-12 years MSG Eberhard”. Fascinating that they keep that graphic so long and that it’s never seen outside Germany.

aimless Guest
    1st answer is nonsense!
    2nd one IMO even too young: would date the can in the 40ies, even before.

Quote Originally Posted by aimless View Post
    1st answer is nonsense!
    2nd one IMO even too young: would date the can in the 40ies, even before.
    Funny if it’s on the internet it must be true. Easy trap to fall into. Interesting that this German thread is on all the different tins and you see posted so many old and new tins but no example of this one? The only other example I have seen is in the Vintage Gallery. The German thread above did give me a chance to look at the construction of prewar tins. The Dians tin does look similar in construction? Crazy to me given Diana’s popularity I see no other examples?

Looks old to me, beautiful tin either way.
    I’d have that on display.

Cheers,
    Matt

My instinct would be to agree with Jochen and say this tin was probably prewar or thereabouts, despite its great condition. 10-12 years would mean a re-issue and if so, why is it so scarce?

But if the Eberhard is Eberhard Groba, he's a major German collector and his view is not to be dismissed lightly. Is Eberhard a common name in Germany?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.