Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spring Powered Rifle With the Worst Trigger

B2 and B3.

MkV Airsporter pretty poor for what claimed to be an upmarket product. Ditto Sterling HR81.

Some of the oldies have heavy triggers, although you get used to it quickly in a plinking session. The cadets(major) heavy and uncomfy shape. Couple of nasty triggers on early Airsporters & later MK3's (probably need a bit of a tune or maybe a polish). Also the Sterling HR81, one of my favorite rifles, has a harsh trigger, that takes the fun away a bit of a plinking session, need to take it apart some time to diagnose.

Ha @Geezer saw your post just now, so its not just me with the Sterling. Good to know.

I have only owned one Relum Tornado. I bought it to rebuild as it would'nt cock in the state it was in. Once back together, minus the silly little second spring it was useable. Not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination but at least it was consistant and predictable. Years back a friend had a Tornado brand new, I fired that one a few times but thought then and still do now that my Meteor was better.
    Out of the others I think I would put the el Gamo Paratrooper at the top of my list. The trigger pull on that was excessively heavy. I genuinely thought something was amiss first time I tried to fire it, but that was just the way it was. I know that the triggers can be worked on or a springs substituted but straight out of the box it was horrible. That Paratrooper gets my vote.

Wobbly vmx utter crap needed a lanyard sounds like a dropped m1 clip on firing why did I buy it it was .20 I had to see what the fuss was all about.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Wobbly vmx utter crap needed a lanyard sounds like a dropped m1 clip on firing why did I buy it it was .20 I had to see what the fuss was all about.
    did u try tunning it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    did u try tunning it?
    Well I followed Neil Uk s guide as well as Lyn Lewingtons guide some improvements but still garand style ting. Network 54 was helpful on the trigger but only to an extent, Welsh Willy used to make a replacement but no longer does . I tried a titan spring and it needed to go on the naughty step shot much better but was way warm . So I got bored and I’ll come back to it maybe in lockdown month 15
    My fettlin is with a .25 superstar I bought, looks boer war battlefield finish and smokes like a Brown Bess even comes out of the maxi rail the chap I bought it off (club tuning guru) said he’d lubed the o rings in the breech with hydraulic oil .

Who said PIAT........?

It might also win the hardest to cock catagory if someone starts it.

Had a few shots with a Hawk mk II (?) Which had a long creepy trigger that was best described as nasty. Of course it might have been better when it was new.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    My fettlin is with a .25 superstar I bought, looks boer war battlefield finish and smokes like a Brown Bess even comes out of the maxi rail the chap I bought it off (club tuning guru) said he’d lubed the o rings in the breech with hydraulic oil .
    sounds brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    sounds brilliant!
    Only bought it coz it was .25 ..... can you see a theme developing 😂
    No it’s got potential sadly I doubt the vmx has😜

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Some of the oldies have heavy triggers, although you get used to it quickly in a plinking session. The cadets(major) heavy and uncomfy shape. Couple of nasty triggers on early Airsporters & later MK3's (probably need a bit of a tune or maybe a polish). Also the Sterling HR81, one of my favorite rifles, has a harsh trigger, that takes the fun away a bit of a plinking session, need to take it apart some time to diagnose.

Ha @Geezer saw your post just now, so its not just me with the Sterling. Good to know.
    Yes, but I wouldn’t say the Sterling is a favourite rifle.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    MkV Airsporter pretty poor for what claimed to be an upmarket product. Ditto Sterling HR81.
    the sterling trigger is scary... you pull it and a huge car crashing wall of noise envelops you, leaving your ears ringing and a your fillings knocked clean out
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Webley Hawks triggers were bad and dangerous. The trigger blades are very thin and would make your finger smart after several wayward shots.

hhh, Yes!! Can this car crash experience be improved or should I learn to live with it? I've got the Walnut checkered version & the deep bluing mostly survived. Must say it is a stunning rifle (what ever Geezer says)

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    the sterling trigger is scary... you pull it and a huge car crashing wall of noise envelops you, leaving your ears ringing and a your fillings knocked clean out

Webley Hawk Mk I - The one with interchangeable barrels..horrendous, heavy trigger !

Smk B45-3 pump up thing. It's awful in every way, heavy trigger made from 3mm pressed steel sheet.
    For some reason I still own two of them.