Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
Not my gun and like you I want nothing to do with the whole idea - trying to keep my friend in one piece.

That is no answer to the question "What makes it illegal to submit a BP proofed gun for nitro proofing" You have asserted that to do so is illegal and when asked for support you in effect have simply repeated "It is against the law (CIP and Proof Acts). There is no such provision in either of them. Neither is there any particular law against owning or shooting a gun which is not proofed, or is out of proof or in loading it with more than the proofed load. The law prohibits only the sale of such an item.
Sir, since you clearly know far more about the Firearms and Proof Acts in this county than I do, particularly with regard to requesting that a gun made explicitly for BP propellant be retested to see if it will withstand the rigours of shooting a nitro load, I hand the thread over to you.

As noted above, Mr Westlake's cylinder are made to shoot nitro loads, as, indeed, are the cylinders used to convert the ROA to shooting nitro cartridge loads. AFAIK, and I'm sure that you can correct me here, of all the countries on the planet where BP firearms are legal, only 3/4 of the UK has this ridiculous loose-nitro muzzle-loading revolver requirement.