Thread: Nitro in a BP revolver.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by springfieldm6 View Post
    I’d also question how your friend has managed to get authorisation to use the revolver on his own land - vermin control?!
    That's a very good point. I can't see the police ever giving authorisation for a BP pistol other than for 'target shooting' which means an 'authorised range' condition would apply. i.e. a range with a formal risk assessment and full insurance cover.

S

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    [QUOTE=springfieldm6;7845586 I’d also question how your friend has managed to get authorisation to use the revolver on his own land - vermin control?![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by sclg View Post
    That's a very good point. I can't see the police ever giving authorisation for a BP pistol other than for 'target shooting' which means an 'authorised range' condition would apply. i.e. a range with a formal risk assessment and full insurance cover.

This has little to do with my post but trust me on this - in respect of firearms law it's all legit (never quite understand why folk instantly jump to other conclusions). He has an appropriate range on his own land. He has vermin control on his own land. He has Humane Dispatch with no limitations on location. I will not go into further detail as this might identify him but there are good reasons for this endeavour.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL