Thread: Right handed ambi stock !

Right handed ambi stock !

Just made a discovery yesterday which was quite exciting ( sad I know)
    I’m left eye and Rh so shoot Lh. My match rifle is an ambi anschutz 8001. Now I’ve adjusted the stock all over. Ive put barrel weights up front and I’ve put sight risers in and overall very happy with it . I’ve never been happy with the trigger position and have moved the blade back and forwards to no avail. I ended up cranking the blade out to left at quite an acngle to get the right reach but it was causing me to pull off centre. . Now in lockgg dgown and bit more time on my hands I thought I’d have another look at the trigger. What did I find? The blade hangs off a bar attached to a plate. The plate is HANDED!! So I unscrewed the plate, turned it around and now the trigger is perfect.
    So I’ve no idea how many ambi rifles have handed trigger hanging plateythingymajigs, but if you suffer either way from trigger position, might be worth checking if it’s handed!
    All the best guys and gals- stay safe and stay home. Practice or dry fire but practice- because you can!!
    Cheers
    Andy
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Those with long fingers can use the bar on the opposite side to ensure the pressure is straight back. Older rifles often only have a central trigger bar, but Tec-Hro and Shooting Equipment.De both make fancy trigger blade that have a laterally adjustable shoe.