Thread: Crosman 1701P Silhouette

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I have both the 65 and a S200...much as I love the S200 the trigger and weight distribution of the Diana kicks the S200's arse.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Target Rifles

Jimmy

Any rifle made as a sporting rifle, and with a "target" version will never be a patch on a pure designed match 10 mt target rifle, and that goes for classic target rifles against modern sporting rifles, if its multi purpose its not the tool for the job.

If your budget is limited and you can't afford a more modern match 10 mt rifle, I would always recommend a classic match rifle, such as an Original 66, or a 75, or a Walther LGR, or a FWB 300, or 600, as a much better choice than a S200 which was never designed as a 10 mt target rifle.

The accuracy, and particularly the trigger are a class above. And well looked after, classics are an investment, values will only go up.

That said, when normality returns, the best bet is buy nothing, join a club and use club guns, and only buy when you have tried many and can base your choice on experience.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks for that Robin, that is sound advice. I already own an S200 but at sub 12ftlbs, so it is too powerful for the 10 m shooting. However, i cannot fault it as a rifle, well balanced, easy to hold, superb trigger. That is why I was considering the S200 6ftlb. I have owned other pcp rifles too, out of them all, for me, the best one is the S200.