Thread: Fwb600 problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fwb600 problem

Hi all.
    I've got an fwb600 which is lovely to shoot & so accurate. But sometimes when cocking it it releases the air pressure as you start to return the lever, like the piston seal isn't sealing & allows the air past instead of compressing it. Sometimes it can work perfectly time after time & sometimes it'll fail several times in a row. It always works fine once it has compressed a charge.
    Is it a matter of stripping & replacing the seals or is there anything else to try?
    Thanks.
    Neil.

Mine did exactly the same until it began to fail to compress air altogether. I assumed it was the piston seal but it turned out that it was the only seal that wasn't shot. Diagnosis and repair were carried out by Laceys Shooting Services- first class service by Chris.
    I would add that I do not know which seal failed first as I switched over to another gun and left the 600 in a state of disrepair for some time. So its likely that the other seals may have followed the offending one/ones.

It does look like the piston seal has been replaced at some point as you can see it's a blue one when you cock the rifle.
    I had intended to strip it down & replace all the seals & ordered a set of replacements from Foest Europa in Germany but that was a month ago & it looks like they've got lost in the post, I've been in touch with them & they've said they're out of stock now & Feinwerkbau cant supply any more until some time in May due to the corona virus

Neil,

You may be able to eek a little more life by lubing the seal.

Open cocking lever fully, and put a couple of drops of synthetic motor-cycle fork oil (or other suitable oil) onto the visible part of the seal, and allow oil to flow round seal.

Operate, load and fire the rifle a few times - any excess oil will be blown out of the system via the barrel, and will lube all the intermediate seals.

( no it does not do the rifle any harm, despite what others may tell you )

Nikkonos (https://www.bayofflea.co.uk/usr/nikk...p2047675.l2559) of Bay Of Flea can supply the 600 seals (amend the URL to correct place ):

https://www.bayofflea.co.uk/itm/Feinwerkbau-Mod-600-601-Basic-kit-Crank-lever-Air-rifle-Seals-Service-kit-/373022063315?hash=item56d9d8fad3

( Contact him first about whether he is shipping to the UK during the Covid-19 hysteria )

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

I'll give that a try in the short term until I can get some seals.
    Thanks for that Russ.

City Air Weapons carry FWB spares