Thread: What's the most fun you've had from a pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    [QUOTE=Benelli B76;7854650]Its a pity most people are not answering the OP's question. He is asking "what's the most fun you've had with from a pistol". Guys are just saying what is their favourite pistol which we have heard umpteen times before on bbs. Would be good to hear some fun target or competition ideas.

I think I'm decided on the first 1911 or pt-85 that comes up for sale and some chalk sticks as targets. I really thought I'd love my alecto but it was so clinical. Now it's time for something daft.

I had a lot of fun with my Baikal MP-651 last year for an Umarex Boys Club rapid fire competition.
    It was five targets, five shots into each target in a specified time; as the MP-651 is my only pistol that can hold that much ammo, (27 bb’s at a push) so that was the pistol to use.

It came with a daft looking fake magazine ‘front grip’ that clipped onto the front for a ‘scorpion’ machine pistol type of look which went straight back into the box never to be used . However, it proved just the thing to steady the pistol while pulling the trigger in DA while rotating the 8 shot magazine which was being fed from a sprung-loaded bb magazine.

Trying to use the iron sights was hopeless, so I grafted a length of Picatinny rail onto the side of the grip to hold a small laser; this meant I needed to tighten up the fit of the grip to the pistol as it was quite sloppy and difficult to hold on target. A bit of filler in the right place and an M4 knurled screw into the trigger guard sorted that.

The next problem was the noise in the garden, so a bit of 40mm black plastic drain pipe became a fat two-chamber silencer, pushed into the end of the increasingly useful front grip.

The Baikal isn’t my favourite pistol, but I had huge amount of fun creating the set-up to have a go at one quick competition - that I didn’t quite come last in!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?