Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the most fun you've had from a pistol?

What's the most fun you've had from a pistol?

Hi, I'm new here and I'm on the lookout for a good pistol. I used to own an alecto and even though it was gorgeous, it just seemed... Soulless. This is, of course, just my opinion and I know it's a much loved pistol by many.
    I'm looking to get back into the hobby and just wanted a good garden plinker for shooting cans.

I think I'd like to go CO2 and at the moment I'm a little bit in love with the Swiss arms/remington/tanfoglio 1911. Does anyone have any better suggestions to put a smile on my face?

Unhappy

Gamo PT85 Blowback .
    Tried IPAS with it at our club .
    Very enjoyable at the range , great fun in the garden .

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Gamo PT85 Blowback .
    Tried IPAS with it at our club .
    Very enjoyable at the range , great fun in the garden .
    I can't believe how inexpensive these are. I hadn't really considered a gamo but I've just watched a couple of YouTube reviews and they do look fun.

I’ve owned a hw45 in .22 for a while now. I’ve not used it much, but with being in lockdown I’ve been doing some plinking in the back garden with the kids.
    Great fun on tin cans and some printed zombie and animal targets. But what a solid, well made bit of kit. Lovely to handle and shoot, I would definitely recommend one.

Spring guns are fun and can be accurate if you work at it - which is where the fun comes from - the reward for the effort you put in.
    Gas and PCP guns are generally accurate out of the box but in my opinion get boring very quickly - it's just too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by carlisleredneck View Post
    I’ve owned a hw45 in .22 for a while now. I’ve not used it much, but with being in lockdown I’ve been doing some plinking in the back garden with the kids.
    Great fun on tin cans and some printed zombie and animal targets. But what a solid, well made bit of kit. Lovely to handle and shoot, I would definitely recommend one.
    The silver star is beautiful. I think it may be a little too much like the alecto for me (recoiless). I think when all this blows over, I'll have to go down to the local range and hover around until someone brings one I can test.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Bob View Post
    Spring guns are fun and can be accurate if you work at it - which is where the fun comes from - the reward for the effort you put in.
    Gas and PCP guns are generally accurate out of the box but in my opinion get boring very quickly - it's just too easy.
    I've had an itch for a tempest that's needed scratching for 25 years now that I think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplusfour1 View Post
    The silver star is beautiful. I think it may be a little too much like the alecto for me (recoiless). I think when all this blows over, I'll have to go down to the local range and hover around until someone brings one I can test.
    The HW 45 has recoil and is challenging to shoot accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The HW 45 has recoil and is challenging to shoot accurately.
    Oh, that could make things interesting then. I love the styling.

Thumbs up Kwc 1911

You can't go wrong with any variation of the KWC 1911, full size drop free mag, snappy recoil, lovely weight, all metal construction, what's not to like ? Fun, with a capital 'F'......

Quote Originally Posted by SkullSeeker View Post
    You can't go wrong with any variation of the KWC 1911, full size drop free mag, snappy recoil, lovely weight, all metal construction, what's not to like ? Fun, with a capital 'F'......

I can't stop looking at them to be honest although the gamo does look tasty too. I think I'm going to keep scouring the classifieds and whichever comes up first I'll dive on.

One of my favourite shooting challenges is having a competition shooting a 60 mm plastic ball, knocking it down our range until someone is the last person able to hit it at about 40 to 45 yards. Usually there are two of us competing and I like to use my Rohm Twinmaster Top 8 shot PCP pistol. Good fun, and difficult with long grass when the ball keeps hiding.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I currently shoot 2 Alecto pistols, a Mk1 and a Mk5. The reason I shoot them is because the trigger is just so adjustable for my dysfunctional and arthritic fingers. I even had to sell my PP700SA, as I could not physically squeeze the trigger to let the shot off.

Since I'm in lock down for 12 weeks, and only having 20ish yards in the back garden, I'm shooting my pistols more than I have in the past. I shoot my .177 Mk5 mostly, as it has a threaded barrel and with an adaptor I can fit it with a HW moderator, which pretty much reduces the report to sound to the pellet hitting my target. I'd forgotten just how much fun pistols are.
    Air Arms S510 Superlite .177 Hawkw Eclipse 4x16x50AO BASC Memebr

I’ve got a few pistols in my collection and I suppose my Sig Sauer P320 M17 is a fun gun.
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by DAR View Post
    I’ve got a few pistols in my collection and I suppose my Sig Sauer P320 M17 is a fun gun.
    Definitely another looker