I had a lot of fun with my Baikal MP-651 last year for an Umarex Boys Club rapid fire competition.
It was five targets, five shots into each target in a specified time; as the MP-651 is my only pistol that can hold that much ammo, (27 bb’s at a push) so that was the pistol to use.

It came with a daft looking fake magazine ‘front grip’ that clipped onto the front for a ‘scorpion’ machine pistol type of look which went straight back into the box never to be used . However, it proved just the thing to steady the pistol while pulling the trigger in DA while rotating the 8 shot magazine which was being fed from a sprung-loaded bb magazine.

Trying to use the iron sights was hopeless, so I grafted a length of Picatinny rail onto the side of the grip to hold a small laser; this meant I needed to tighten up the fit of the grip to the pistol as it was quite sloppy and difficult to hold on target. A bit of filler in the right place and an M4 knurled screw into the trigger guard sorted that.

The next problem was the noise in the garden, so a bit of 40mm black plastic drain pipe became a fat two-chamber silencer, pushed into the end of the increasingly useful front grip.

The Baikal isn’t my favourite pistol, but I had huge amount of fun creating the set-up to have a go at one quick competition - that I didn’t quite come last in!