Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the most fun you've had from a pistol?

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    My Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm is a ton of fun, not hugely accurate though. CO2 blowback with a flip over twin 8 shot magazine for 16 shots in an alarmingly short amount of time. Great for blasting tin cans and spinners, just don't point it at a proper target or you'll be disappointed.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    My Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm is a ton of fun, not hugely accurate though. CO2 blowback with a flip over twin 8 shot magazine for 16 shots in an alarmingly short amount of time. Great for blasting tin cans and spinners, just don't point it at a proper target or you'll be disappointed.
    Haha, I like that. I'm thinking of if investing in a rifle again in the summer so I'll have accuracy from that and the pistol will just be for making the tin cans dance.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    drulov or the crosman 600

both awesome; to close to call between them
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

I had never seen a crosman 600 before... WOW! What a piece of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoplusfour1 View Post
    The silver star is beautiful. I think it may be a little too much like the alecto for me (recoiless). I think when all this blows over, I'll have to go down to the local range and hover around until someone brings one I can test.
    i have a hw45 silverstar and they are challenging to shoot as they recoil. but they are so well built compared to the other cheaper spring pistols. you cant go wrong buying an old webley junior/tempest for garden shooting either.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

I had never seen a crosman 600 before... WOW! What a piece of engineering.

Fun shooting tin cans

Broom handle Mauser on full auto, shreds cans and always makes me smile! David

Umarex Colt Peacemaker

Hi there,
    New here too and have just ordered the above to go with my Umarex Winchester, which is amazing for garden plinking. I expect no less from this historical and amazing revolver....

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Thumbs up

Another vote for the Crosman 600.
    A TRUE semi-auto spitting out as fast you like those big 'ol lead .22 pellets...super fun and, in a world blanketed in .177 & BB firers, I reckon the spiritual airgun successor to a 1911.

It's got to be shooting tin cans or empty shotgun cartridges with a HW45, targets that ping off/fall over when you hit them are much more fun than paper targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    One of my favourite shooting challenges is having a competition shooting a 60 mm plastic ball, knocking it down our range until someone is the last person able to hit it at about 40 to 45 yards. Usually there are two of us competing and I like to use my Rohm Twinmaster Top 8 shot PCP pistol. Good fun, and difficult with long grass when the ball keeps hiding.

Baz
    Hope to do that again soon.
    Might try and win!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    My Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm is a ton of fun, not hugely accurate though. CO2 blowback........ Great for blasting tin cans and spinners, just don't point it at a proper target or you'll be disappointed.
    Very much how I feel about my Umarex PPK/S.......great fun when used in the context it was designed for......keep those tin cans dancing around!

Love the feel, quality, thump, trigger and the aroma, ah yes, the aroma of my HW45 too..
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Most stupid air pistol fun: Umarex Desert Eagle. I kind of hate it. It is noisy and fires very fast. It’s hilarious. BLAM BLAM (etc x 4).

Most non-stupid air pistol fun: actually getting a BSA Scorpion to group, and group well.

Quote Originally Posted by pava View Post
    I currently shoot 2 Alecto pistols, a Mk1 and a Mk5. The reason I shoot them is because the trigger is just so adjustable for my dysfunctional and arthritic fingers. I even had to sell my PP700SA, as I could not physically squeeze the trigger to let the shot off.

Since I'm in lock down for 12 weeks, and only having 20ish yards in the back garden, I'm shooting my pistols more than I have in the past. I shoot my .177 Mk5 mostly, as it has a threaded barrel and with an adaptor I can fit it with a HW moderator, which pretty much reduces the report to sound to the pellet hitting my target. I'd forgotten just how much fun pistols are.
    That’s very interesting are the adapters easy to find and do they all have the threading?

Most fun? Tempest
    ATB,
    yana