Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's the most fun you've had from a pistol?

Its a pity most people are not answering the OP's question. He is asking "what's the most fun you've had with from a pistol". Guys are just saying what is their favourite pistol which we have heard umpteen times before on bbs. Would be good to hear some fun target or competition ideas.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

[QUOTE=Benelli B76;7854650]Its a pity most people are not answering the OP's question. He is asking "what's the most fun you've had with from a pistol". Guys are just saying what is their favourite pistol which we have heard umpteen times before on bbs. Would be good to hear some fun target or competition ideas.

I think I'm decided on the first 1911 or pt-85 that comes up for sale and some chalk sticks as targets. I really thought I'd love my alecto but it was so clinical. Now it's time for something daft.

I had a lot of fun with my Baikal MP-651 last year for an Umarex Boys Club rapid fire competition.
    It was five targets, five shots into each target in a specified time; as the MP-651 is my only pistol that can hold that much ammo, (27 bb’s at a push) so that was the pistol to use.

It came with a daft looking fake magazine ‘front grip’ that clipped onto the front for a ‘scorpion’ machine pistol type of look which went straight back into the box never to be used . However, it proved just the thing to steady the pistol while pulling the trigger in DA while rotating the 8 shot magazine which was being fed from a sprung-loaded bb magazine.

Trying to use the iron sights was hopeless, so I grafted a length of Picatinny rail onto the side of the grip to hold a small laser; this meant I needed to tighten up the fit of the grip to the pistol as it was quite sloppy and difficult to hold on target. A bit of filler in the right place and an M4 knurled screw into the trigger guard sorted that.

The next problem was the noise in the garden, so a bit of 40mm black plastic drain pipe became a fat two-chamber silencer, pushed into the end of the increasingly useful front grip.

The Baikal isn’t my favourite pistol, but I had huge amount of fun creating the set-up to have a go at one quick competition - that I didn’t quite come last in!
    Too many guns, or not enough time?

read the OP post....

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Its a pity most people are not answering the OP's question. He is asking "what's the most fun you've had with from a pistol". Guys are just saying what is their favourite pistol which we have heard umpteen times before on bbs. Would be good to hear some fun target or competition ideas.

Baz
    The OP was asking for suggestions for a fun gun to use for backyard plinking.....

QUOTE "I think I'd like to go CO2 and at the moment I'm a little bit in love with the Swiss arms/remington/tanfoglio 1911. Does anyone have any better suggestions to put a smile on my face? "UNQUOTE

If you want, you could start a new thread on the subject of 'some fun target or competition ideas', sounds like a good idea to me, I for one have got a couple of good fun suggestions......
    If you ever need replacement Dan Wesson 715 & Colt SAA hammer springs feel free to PM me

Hw75

10 yards bench rest on bag
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    10 yards bench rest on bag
    I would guess one ragged hole with that.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    I would guess one ragged hole with that.

Baz
    Not yet but soon ( I hope )
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Shooting improvised practical pistol set ups using Umarex CO2 pistols. In conjunction with my late, great friend Mike, his son Andy and our friend Steve.

The most fun I've had with a pistol was shooting wasps. Myself and my dad set up a little backstop, smeared on some jam and waited for them to arrive. I remember us sitting for hours laughing as we blasted another black and yellow bastard.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

I used to love setting up a line of extra strong mints and watching them explode but the zoraki was a little overkill

Baiting mice in the bathroom and shooting them from the box room with my uncles Boys Brigade air gun. Not got a clue what make it was, I was 10 and that was over 40 years ago..
    We used to stick matches in polystyrene blocks and light them by shooting the tip as well.. I've loved air guns ever since..
    Last edited by Bigwhiterabbitt; 30-04-2020 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Another vote for the Crosman 600.
    A TRUE semi-auto spitting out as fast you like those big 'ol lead .22 pellets...super fun and, in a world blanketed in .177 & BB firers, I reckon the spiritual airgun successor to a 1911.
    Agreed My favourite "fun gun" when I feel like a blast. Shame there is nothing remotely like it out there nowadays.

Aside from the 600, I have found the Gamo MP9 quite fun...ok its an SMG copy, but still a machine-pistol so, sort of fits the bill. Very accurate for what it is and good for tin can or target.

BigEars Guest
    Johnny English night many years ago. Barn pitch dark flashing lights and a series of targets to move between and shoot. It was quite fun but an outside observer would probably have had us locked up. The thunderflash at the end was ........well.....loud.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Johnny English night many years ago. Barn pitch dark flashing lights and a series of targets to move between and shoot. It was quite fun but an outside observer would probably have had us locked up. The thunderflash at the end was ........well.....loud.
    Sounds fun! Was this a timed "competition"? Which pistol did you use for it?

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by short-carabine View Post
    Sounds fun! Was this a timed "competition"? Which pistol did you use for it?
    Can't remember anything that happened before the thunderflash. I think it was timed , there were sirens and everything. I had a Rohm at the time so probably that.

Grown men, eh?