Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's the most fun you've had from a pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    Can't remember anything that happened before the thunderflash. I think it was timed , there were sirens and everything. I had a Rohm at the time so probably that.

Grown men, eh?
    Must have been a great session. Always wanted a Rohm but never got round to it

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Most fun had with a pistol was probably using my S+W 586 for IPAS. Actually having a reason and purpose for the multishot pistols makes them so much more fun, and shooting socially is a gas - much banter was had.
    The Webley Alecto a close 2nd for back garden shooting just for how quiet and accurate it is. Accurate guns are always more fun.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Most fun had with a pistol was probably using my S+W 586 for IPAS. Actually having a reason and purpose for the multishot pistols makes them so much more fun, and shooting socially is a gas - much banter was had.
    The Webley Alecto a close 2nd for back garden shooting just for how quiet and accurate it is. Accurate guns are always more fun.
    Since starting this thread I've ordered another alecto and got a crosman 2240. In terms of smiles per hour, the crosman does a great job! Nice, accurate pinker and constantly evolving.
    https://i.imgur.com/KWpNVE2.jpg
    Got lots more bits on their way already.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoplusfour1 View Post
    Since starting this thread I've ordered another alecto and got a crosman 2240. In terms of smiles per hour, the crosman does a great job! Nice, accurate pinker and constantly evolving.
    Looking good! What's the fore-end mount you have there?
    I have more fun building and tinkering with crosmans than I do shooting them
    About time I started another 2240 project I think...
    Good deals with these members

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?

Thumbs up Back when our club allowed it...

Shooting spent shotgun shells with my new to me, .22 Webley Alecto using open sights. I see you've already had the pleasure though...

However, there's nothing like hitting something like a shotgun shell slightly hidden behind a spinner target, or layed flat like a 3/4 inch target and having them ping off in random directions, made me feel like a shooting god! I also made various reactive targets using fun snaps and paper caps concertina'd and sellotaped to old bits of hardboard.

Brilliant fun!!!
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Looking good! What's the fore-end mount you have there?
    I have more fun building and tinkering with crosmans than I do shooting them
    About time I started another 2240 project I think...
    It's a 3d printed one from that 'orrible Internet auction site. I'm hopefully fitting the longer steel breech tonight which should suit it better.

Most fun from a pistol has to be the Crosman 600 when it goes full auto, the only problem being you don't know exactly where the pellets are going, as it catches you unawares.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Most fun from a pistol has to be the Crosman 600 when it goes full auto, the only problem being you don't know exactly where the pellets are going, as it catches you unawares.
    Thankfully never had that happen with mine It's been as good as gold all the time I have had it. Happily runs with 11 Accupel each time and I get four "mags" per CO2. Must admit though, they are that much fun, the temptation to just blast away instead of taking slow considered shots is sometimes too much

The 2240's are great, easy to customise and very accurate. Only problem is its so easy to spend more on bits than the original cost of the gun. Mine is now made into a short CAR style carbine to teach my daughter to shoot. Missing the pistol so might get another soon. I have an HW40 which is my favourite little plinker, but the crosmanitis is still everpresent.
    Enjoy your new aquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanyati View Post
    The 2240's are great, easy to customise and very accurate. Only problem is its so easy to spend more on bits than the original cost of the gun. Mine is now made into a short CAR style carbine to teach my daughter to shoot. Missing the pistol so might get another soon. I have an HW40 which is my favourite little plinker, but the crosmanitis is still everpresent.
    Enjoy your new aquisitions.
    Ha ha, I've gone the other way! I'm enjoying the 1911 that much in debating selling my 2240 to find another!

Ha ha, I've gone the other way! I'm enjoying the 1911 that much in debating selling my 2240 to find another!
    I had a 1911 loved it but had problems with sticking pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock50 View Post
    I had a 1911 loved it but had problems with sticking pellets.
    I've found mine likes ASG blaster plastic bb's. They are great, 440 fps too! Just ordered the Springfield XDM, full blowback bb guns are a bit addictive!

IPAS at LVAGC and others, back in the day we used to get 40-50 people turn up for major comps.

Umarex pistols were the main stay many of them modified. My favourite was a S&W PPC 1500 Never did get a 'sub 3' badge

Crosmans have given me the most joy.

The 600 and 451 are fun to blaze away with but I rather like the early SA6s which I revalved for better Powerlet to valve seal performance..22 Crosman dust can slugs are the food for these old guns!Way back I got Arvo's quick/fancy draw book(published by Daisy for kids using their funny wee BB-knocking pistol). Surprising what he can teach a kid.Just watch Randolph Scott out-draw Lee Marvin in one old flick!

Best fun with a pistol?
    When I was a kid in the '70's, plinking away at whatever made a noise with a tin grip Junior or Mk 1 Webley. Had free run of a mate's farm.
    More recently, emptying several mags worth rapid fire with a Crosman 357-6, can mangling or windfall apple shredding.
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.