Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New airgun website

really good job on the site and the collection is awesome, my favourite is the LGR Moving Target, a real beauty
    BSA Mercury .22, Steyr SSG69, Enfield No4 Mk1*, Schmeisser AR15 Ultramatch, 1938 Mauser KKW K98 Trainer.

Nice work mate & you have some stunning rifles.
    Paint chipping for Air Arms & Ireland HFT Teams.

Nice site.

What is the story behind the miniture Parker Hale Dragon FT .177 ?

Are all Spartans engraved? Do they still make them?
    I'm looking at putting money aside for the new leshiy 2 but always loved the look of the Spartan

Quote Originally Posted by Mason View Post
    Nice site.

What is the story behind the miniture Parker Hale Dragon FT .177 ?
    Thats one that I sold on. Much regret now as it was a great rifle and a triumph of engineering!
    https://www.walnut.black

Superb

Thanks for the effort of putting such a fine collection together and such a superb website it’s absolutely stunning I applaud you sir
    Damian

Quote Originally Posted by cozzamec View Post
    Are all Spartans engraved? Do they still make them?
    I'm looking at putting money aside for the new leshiy 2 but always loved the look of the Spartan
    that’s a good question, and one for Shaun Hill at ISP. All Spartans are made to order from scratch. I don’t believe there are any pre-manufactured parts. Don Blocksidge did all the engraving but he must’ve stopped by now. He has to be close to 90! Don had something of a monopoly on the engraving scene - at least at a rate and quality that worked for the airgun world. I very much doubt the high end engravers will work for the rate that is required to make a hand built airgun feasible. I always regarded Shaun’s work as unbelievable value for what it is. A hand built, engraved rifle. Regulated and superbly accurate. Wrapped in gorgeous high end Turkish walnut for the price of a premium (mass marketed PCP). It was always a no brainier to me. But as I mention the manufacturing process did rely on a series of craftsmen coming together one of which was ‘The Don’ - Mr Blocksidge.

Excellent, what a great job so well done!
    Regards,
    Dave.

Some very nice guns in the for sale section, i do like the look of the Excalibre, is that stock original. Pity the Ranchero is sold i missed that a couple of years back, beautiful.

Gun collection

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    Lockdown boredom and some unforeseen time on my hands, combined to initiate a spate of ‘home learning’. My ambition was to learn how to design and build a website that I could dedicate to airguns, in particular my current collection. I wanted to have a central repository that holds all my guns, that I can add to, amend and delete.

This link takes you to my first efforts. The current site – now live - is phase 1.

I bought the web URL ‘walnut.black’ (.black is a new web suffix, provided as an alternative to the more traditional .co.uk etc) and decided to call my site by the same name.

It’s taken me the best part of a week - evenings and mornings - and I had a number of photos to take as well, which I managed to do last weekend. I’d like to add a bit more insight into each marque as and when I find it. And to be honest, I’ve done a bit of trawling on the BBS already in search of facts so you may recognise the odd phrase or fact that I hope doesn’t come across as plagiarism!

To that end, if anyone is interested in having a browse, there is a contact page on the navigation bar, where you can email me directly if you have any info that you’d like to share and think would improve my info.

I’ve also added a for sale page. One of the reasons for creating the site is to prepare myself for a collection reduction. And over time I will release information via a sales thread on the BBS, and the images will link back to this web page (rather than an image hosting site).

I look forward to your comments.
    Absolutely fantastic website full of quite beautiful pieces of craftsmanship. It’s very well photographed with interesting information about each rifle, very well done mate 👍
    Impact Airguns GSX 200 0.22/0.177 Ben Taylor Smooth Twist
    Theoben Rapid 12 0.20 Tyrolean - HW80 Mk1 VMach 0.22
    HW97K 0.177 Paul Short Stage 4 Titanium Piston

Website

Well done with the website and fantastic photos of a serious collection of beauties you have there. I'm drooling as I'm sure a few others are.
    Always on the look out for Brum / Venom - Webley Longbow / Tommie rifles and parts.

Nice website and the stocks...beautiful,especially the hw80/sparten.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Stunning and beautiful ❤️
    Thanks for sharing 👌
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    Great collection there Geoff, love the JW60. The photos of my old girl are stunning!

Jerry

Wow, great site! Pictures are stunning. Personal fav is de HW35 exp. with Sportview glossy Scope, very nice. Amazing that the stock is untouched, was going to ask about the refurb medicine. Another rifle that stands out is the FWB 150T, with that blue anodised peepsight (need to find out more about this G-sight!). Great combo.
    Collection: vintage air pistols & air rifles / vintage air gun accessories
    Facebook groups: vintage air guns 1. Webley, 2 BSA, 3. Haenel, 4. Weihrauch, 5. Diana