Thread: lee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lee

just in the process of depriming/resizing some .223 brass and the pin in the die as broke (lee) any ideas please where i can get a replacement please, thanks ray

Henry Kranks are the main importers for Lee, they'll have some ( done that, been there...).

The only downside to kranks is their £4 delivery charge, even if the decapping pin is only £3..

You could email Lee directly and see if they will send you one FOC under warranty but it may be a long wait - Kranks probably best bet for speed.

Kranks are still fulfilling orders.

One of the reasons I use RCB & Hornady dies, you can get packs of replacement pins!
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

I am surprised you managed to break a Lee pin, I occasionally over the years have had a Berdan primed case sneak in and all that happens is the decapper/sizing stem moves up and has to be reset, by loosening the clamp nut and tapping it down, and then retightening the nut, are you sure its broken and not just pushed out of the way ?

DedIdick
    ( One of the reasons I use RCB & Hornady dies, you can get packs of replacement pins!)
    never needed a replacement Lee pin as a better design
    You Cannot Reason People Out of Something They Were Not Reasoned Into
    "Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement" Sir Humphry Appleby

I’ve used a drill bit of suitable diameter (2 or 3mm) as an interim de primer before now. I’ve a feeling that’s what’s in the press now.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    I am surprised you managed to break a Lee pin, I occasionally over the years have had a Berdan primed case sneak in and all that happens is the decapper/sizing stem moves up and has to be reset, by loosening the clamp nut and tapping it down, and then retightening the nut, are you sure its broken and not just pushed out of the way ?

DedIdick
    ( One of the reasons I use RCB & Hornady dies, you can get packs of replacement pins!)
    never needed a replacement Lee pin as a better design
    I’ve broken 2...... but that probably doesn’t surprise you!
    Thanks for looking