Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Wesson 715 2.5" Revolver

Dan Wesson 715 2.5" Revolver

Help,
    I have the above mentioned Pistol, now has a problem, it will not cock and the hammer is "floppy.
    In trying to improve the trigger I used silicone oil spray into the workings since doing that I have a problem
    Any ideas would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Chris

Sounds like the hammer spring has broken

Also spring could have become dislocated from the retainer bracket in the grip. Either way you will have to strip the side cover plate off to see. These are not a difficult revolver to strip.See video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c5GujS89Vg
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Pistol

Thanks for the info, will look on Youtube later
    Thanks. Chris

Also I wouldn't use silicone oil on moving parts.
    It wears them out.

broken hammer spring

Sounds like a broken hammer spring to me ("won't cock, hammer floppy), I make and sell these on the 'other' forum (A-G-F). If you need one pm me and I'll get it sorted for you.

wrong gun !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Also spring could have become dislocated from the retainer bracket in the grip. Either way you will have to strip the side cover plate off to see. These are not a difficult revolver to strip.See video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c5GujS89Vg
    There's no 'retainer bracket' on a DAN WESSON 715, the video you linked to is for the earlier first generation Dan Wesson revolvers. The hammer spring for these (DW715) sits underneath the hammer just south of the hammer pivot with one arm locking against the hammer and the other against the top of the CO2 piercing nozzle.
    If you ever need replacement Dan Wesson 715 & Colt SAA hammer springs feel free to PM me

Quote Originally Posted by SkullSeeker View Post
    There's no 'retainer bracket' on a DAN WESSON 715, the video you linked to is for the earlier first generation Dan Wesson revolvers. The hammer spring for these (DW715) sits underneath the hammer just south of the hammer pivot with one arm locking against the hammer and the other against the top of the CO2 piercing nozzle.
    Show me a pic of yours with side plate removed please.

Baz

hmmm

Baz
    The op asked for information regarding his ASG Dan Wesson 715, you replied by linking a video to a first generation ASG Dan Wesson, although they have the same name they're two completely different guns internally, not just the in the type of hammer spring, pre-load screw adjustment, trigger return spring, cylinder latch position and grips (both shape & style) but also in the valve design too.

I just pointed out the error in the information that you furnished as an answer to the op's enquiry, I wasn't looking to start a 'forum feud' or even trying to belittle your response, I was just pointing out the fact that there's a difference between the gun you linked and the actual gun the question is referring to, nothing more.
    If you ever need replacement Dan Wesson 715 & Colt SAA hammer springs feel free to PM me

The op asked for information regarding his ASG Dan Wesson 715, you replied by linking a video to a first generation ASG Dan Wesson, although they have the same name they're two completely different guns internally, not just the in the type of hammer spring, pre-load screw adjustment, trigger return spring, cylinder latch position and grips (both shape & style) but also in the valve design too.

I just pointed out the error in the information that you furnished as an answer to the op's enquiry, I wasn't looking to start a 'forum feud' or even trying to belittle your response, I was just pointing out the fact that there's a difference between the gun you linked and the actual gun the question is referring to, nothing more.
    You have misunderstood my request. I just wanted to see what is the problem with your revolver, trying to help. Differences are irrelevant, you still have to strip it down to fix. A lot of guys ask for advice on here but take no action. Its a 5 minute job, will save a lot of typing.

Baz

we see to be at cross purposes here

You have misunderstood my request. I just wanted to see what is the problem with your revolver, trying to help. Differences are irrelevant, you still have to strip it down to fix. A lot of guys ask for advice on here but take no action. Its a 5 minute job, will save a lot of typing.

Baz
    I would send you pictures of my DW715 with the side plate off BUT I am not the person with the problem, the OP is the person with the problem with his gun, I (just like you) am just trying to help the guy out but he hasn't even bothered to reply to any of our suggestions yet and I've even sent him an email (and he's not replied to that either).

It seems that both of us are having more of a conversation about the problem than the OP (Original Poster) is, I'm going to retreat back to the shadows until such a point that the OP puts in an appearance on this thread.

I do agree with you though, a quick picture from the OP would make this whole thing easier to remedy for him.

Dan Wesson Pistol

I would send you pictures of my DW715 with the side plate off BUT I am not the person with the problem, the OP is the person with the problem with his gun, I (just like you) am just trying to help the guy out but he hasn't even bothered to reply to any of our suggestions yet and I've even sent him an email (and he's not replied to that either).

It seems that both of us are having more of a conversation about the problem than the OP (Original Poster) is, I'm going to retreat back to the shadows until such a point that the OP puts in an appearance on this thread.

I do agree with you though, a quick picture from the OP would make this whole thing easier to remedy for him.
    Sorry guys have had issues with internet, now sorted.
    Sorry for any issues raised.
    Yes the hammer spring has sheared, now I am unable too re assemble will try to get some photo's up but you cannot see the spring only the Tail end.
    It is the MK Ii so the youtube video does not help
    The reataning screws are very difficult to unscrew took me a couple of hours with variour Screwdrivers
    Thanks for all your input
    Chris

Dan Wesson

Baz
    Hi Baz,
    Will send you some Photo's, it appears that I have No messages in my inbox???????
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1 View Post
    Sorry guys have had issues with internet, now sorted.
    Sorry for any issues raised.
    Yes the hammer spring has sheared, now I am unable too re assemble will try to get some photo's up but you cannot see the spring only the Tail end.
    It is the MK Ii so the youtube video does not help
    The reataning screws are very difficult to unscrew took me a couple of hours with variour Screwdrivers
    Thanks for all your input
    Chris
    I've replied to your email that you sent me, please check your inbox buddy

The screws should not of been that difficult unless you used the wrong sized screwdriver
    They're tiny black Philips head screws.

Guy called Headhunter sells homemade replacement springs over on AGF; trust me when I say, I don't think you'll find a replacement spring anywhere else, unless you similarly make your own