Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air arms ultimate sporter r

Air arms ultimate sporter r

As above gents,thinking seriously at having one.thoughts and comments welcome.

I have the unregulated US in .177 and I can’t speak highly enough of it. It’s my main nighttime hunting rifle and has taken hundreds of rats and rabbits. I’ve owned it about three years, it’s been no trouble and is easy to maintain.

I looked at lots of PCP’s and the US had the best weight, balance and ergonomics for me. It’s a good looking rifle too. Accuracy is excellent and one hole groups are effortless with JSB Exact and Exact Heavy.

Shot count appears to be higher than advertised. Last week I had a good night’s ratting and with around 40 rats down I still had 100 BAR in the tank.

I fitted a Picatinny rail for easy switching between NV and scope. Rowan Engineering make a quality one shot adaptor if you want to use it for competition.

You won’t be disappointed with a US.

AA 510usr

I have one, mainly air rifle bench rest, also vermin control in garden. Adjustable lop and cheek piece, quiet, very accurate. Love it, but it wasn't cheap! David

I should have mentioned how tough the Ultimate Sporter is.

I treat my kit very well and I avoid situations that could damage it. Even so, after a lot of use in the field you’d expect signs of wear, but it has absolutely none, it’s still immaculate condition.

I bought the Ultimate Sporter on a whim as I liked the look of the laminate stock along with a HW100KT again as I liked the look of the laminate stock on the same day. All as I can say is out of the two I use the Ultimate Sporter more than the HW I was a tad miffed that the week after I bought the Sporter they brought out the regulated one. A good solid rifle is all I can say. Oh and never tell the other half you have just blow a fair lump of cash I did and really regretted it.

Like the look of the laminate stock,but prefer the walnut.would have to see the wood before I bought though.the black tactical stock is the most practical for what I want it for,I likes a nice bit of wood though.decisions,decisions 😂

I had an unregulated s400 few years back and was blisteringly accurate so imagine a regulator in the series would be amazing.

Doubt i could justify extra cost though?

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    Like the look of the laminate stock,but prefer the walnut.would have to see the wood before I bought though.the black tactical stock is the most practical for what I want it for,I likes a nice bit of wood though.decisions,decisions 😂
    I like the walnut stock, but don’t like the black tactical cheek piece AA have seen fit to attach to it.

Why have they done that?!

They wouldn’t be able to match the piece to the main stock as it would not come from the same stock blank,there would be too much waste,so down to cost I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    They wouldn’t be able to match the piece to the main stock as it would not come from the same stock blank,there would be too much waste,so down to cost I suppose.
    Damn the cost, give me walnut!

I have a beautiful standard S400 series stock in Walnut waiting to drop a US action in. Done it a couple of times before, imo it's the best combination for hunting as I'm not keen on the standard laminate stock.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmaniac View Post
    Damn the cost, give me walnut!
    I'd be seriously tempted too if they hadn't done that black cheek piece. Good job I have no need or money!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I have a beautiful standard S400 series stock in Walnut waiting to drop a US action in. Done it a couple of times before, imo it's the best combination for hunting as I'm not keen on the standard laminate stock.
    Isn't that just an S510 then ?!
    Master Debater

Laminate stock is to heavy, Lovely gun in a walnut stock,

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Isn't that just an S510 then ?!
    Not really, it's a PROPER Carbine, unlike the so called S510 Carbine.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25