Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GC2 stock help (who made this stock?)

GC2 stock help (who made this stock?)

Hi all after your help to try and identify the stock maker of a lovely walnut stock that I have in my possession and have wondered for ages to whose fantastic work this is.
    It is a left handed stock and I picked it up in mind of putting a rifle together for my dad as he is left handed as a bit of a thank you to him.
    Anyway quite some has passed since IÂ’ve had it and with all the stuff of late with lock down and people posting lovely images of stuff has made me think that this really needs to be re-United with an action and putting a smile on someoneÂ’s face and being enjoyed.
    I know at this point you would hope to see pictures but IÂ’m afraid IÂ’m a bit rubbish with tech but if you get in touch I can e-mail some pics over.
    So i pass it over to those with the knowledge to help me in identifying it as IÂ’ve wondered for ages.

Damian

Hi Damian,

I am going to private message you my e-mail address.

If you can send some pictures of your stock I will try and get them attached to this thread for you so people can see it and perhaps offer an opinion on who made it.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Thank you

Many thanks to Dale and Ian who have offered there help in trying to get some pics up for me you help is appreciated more than you know.
    Pics should be sent to you both but as it’s tech I’ve probably messed that up

Damian

Hi Damian,

Pics receive thanks, will sort out getting them up in the morning unless Ian uploads them first.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Hi Damian,

Pics receive thanks, will sort out getting them up in the morning unless Ian uploads them first.

The ex always used to moan I was too quick.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Looks a lot like a Nick Jenkinson stock

I think it has taken inspiration from Nick's stocks, but I don't recall Nick making a lefty for a GC2 and there are some elements of the styling that aren't quite his touch.

Also Nick is very detail conscious in his work and he would not leave adjuster bushings proud of the stock surface.

That does look like a NJ stock.
    Custom Stock of Sheffield offered the NJR stock for a number of actions. My mate had one on his GC2 Mk3 and I had one on my TX (albeit they were both right handed versions). They didn’t have an adjustable cheek piece or forend however so I’d assume they would have been added afterwards by someone - as RockDrill says, they wouldn’t have been done like that originally.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Interesting

Interesting that custom stocks offered a Nj style of stock and wasnÂ’t aware of that.
    The bushings on the stock do fit flush but was just me being lazy when I grabbed it out to grab a few photos.
    This fits me perfectly though and is just like a glove in my left hand just a shame IÂ’m right handed and would absolutely love to get an exact copy of it right handed.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there was a bit of a thing for the air arms 400 actions finding there way into gc2 stocks (never seen one myself) but wondered if anyone had done this or heard of it happening?
    The reason for asking is this may be a more realistic option for getting this project finished for my father because I realise the chance of finding a left hand gc2 is shall we say slim

Thanks for peoples help in getting pics up and feedback itÂ’s very much appreciated

Damian

Owing to pictures not working for all, please see later post on page two and hopefully the links will take you to the pictures.
    Last edited by rockdrill; 04-05-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by damas View Post
    This fits me perfectly though and is just like a glove in my left hand just a shame I am right handed and would absolutely love to get an exact copy of it right handed.
    I would speak to one of the custom stock makers around, they might be able to take it and do a mirror image copy of it for you.

Rockwell, I can't see your pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by airgunwerks View Post
    Rockwell, I can't see your pictures?
    Not sure what I can do on that one.

By way of an experiment, I just logged out of the BBS and looked at the thread as a guest and was able to still see them OK.

Anyone else having any issues as they seem to be showing OK for me?

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Not sure what I can do on that one.

By way of an experiment, I just logged out of the BBS and looked at the thread as a guest and was able to still see them OK.

Anyone else having any issues as they seem to be showing OK for me?
    Photographs are showing fine for me mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Pictures

Afraid I can’t see pictures either