Thread: Ipsc quiet pellet pistol garden use any thoughts ?

Ipsc quiet pellet pistol garden use any thoughts ?

Hi I bought on a set of 5 knockdown 4” plate targets for £65 and thought great, I’ve got a Beretta 92, CP 88 and a AGS 715 4” magnum, these would be perfect for quick fire practice in a very safe enclosed area of the garden,

I soon realised how loud Co2 is outside so stopped that quickly before neighbour complaints, I know silencers on these make very little difference, so thought I’ll try the Rohm Twinmaster Top with silencer and red dot, a fabulous accurate pistol and very quiet but no good for fast fire, it just doesn’t work.

I’ve had BB blow backs and just don’t like them, still noisy, ricochet and not very accurate, is there a pellet pistol/revolver with an effective silencer that doesn’t effect accuracy that is not a hard pull on 2 stage trigger or that is an easy cock single stage trigger ?

I don't think you're going to find much that is fast fire and has the accuracy of the Twinmaster.. with the exception of a Steyr LP5/LP50 (very expensive) or an Aeron Brno B96 (very hard to find).
    Why not slow things down a bit and enjoy the Twinmaster for a while? I would take accuracy over speed any day of the week..

Umarex S&W 5/686 with an adaptor and good suppressor?

Modified Crosman 600.

You can get adapters for both the Umarex Beretta 92 and CP88 which take the standard 1/2" UNF moderators. This does significantly quieten them- I had one on a CP88 I used to own and it worked well. The adapters for those are held by a single bolt only, so best to use a small, light mod...a long heavy one can cause mod droop Never owned a 92, but the adapters for them fit over the muzzle and secure with a grub screw. These work well according to what I have read, and really cut down the CO2 crack.

SMK CP2 good value.
    Mag and silencer included.
    Rifle barrel too if you want to convert.

Thanks guys 👍

I have found another way to overcome the noise drawing attention to yourself bit and tried this yesterday, wait until your neighbours are mowing their lawns seems to work well, they’re making more noise than I am so can’t hear me, even if they could and how can they complain

CP99 is a great little pistol & I have one, thought Shaun iSP made a Mod for it but just asked him & not so, was another Sean mentioned on here a while back ?

Quote Originally Posted by pr-pdi View Post
    I have found another way to overcome the noise drawing attention to yourself bit and tried this yesterday, wait until your neighbours are mowing their lawns seems to work well, they’re making more noise than I am so can’t hear me, even if they could and how can they complain

CP99 is a great little pistol & I have one, thought Shaun iSP made a Mod for it but just asked him & not so, was another Sean mentioned on here a while back ?
    Like the mower trick
    You can get an adapter for the CP99 pellet model that allows you to fit any 1/2" mod straight on- it may also fit the CP99 sport. Again ,this is a single screw hold, so a short light mod is best. Here's a vid showing the setup in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93bu8UiVdkg

Our sponsors sell the adapter here: https://www.jsramsbottom.com/walther...r-adaptor.html

BigEars Guest

That's a good idea! I don't shoot paper targets in the garden so's not to be a nuisance. I'll ask round the neighbouis then putsome gardening linked practice sessions together.

I tried a 3D-printed adapter and silencer on a nickel 92 - picking up on the need for something light due to the single fixing.

The pellets clipped the silencer.

The issue wasn't the quality of the printed adapter/silencer, but the fact that the nickel 92s appear not to have a really square/flat front face to which you bolt it. The silencer was visibly out of alignment to barrel.

Crackless

Hi I bought on a set of 5 knockdown 4” plate targets for £65 and thought great, I’ve got a Beretta 92, CP 88 and a AGS 715 4” magnum, these would be perfect for quick fire practice in a very safe enclosed area of the garden,

I soon realised how loud Co2 is outside so stopped that quickly before neighbour complaints, I know silencers on these make very little difference, so thought I’ll try the Rohm Twinmaster Top with silencer and red dot, a fabulous accurate pistol and very quiet but no good for fast fire, it just doesn’t work.

I’ve had BB blow backs and just don’t like them, still noisy, ricochet and not very accurate, is there a pellet pistol/revolver with an effective silencer that doesn’t effect accuracy that is not a hard pull on 2 stage trigger or that is an easy cock single stage trigger ?
    Hi. Silencers work very well on Pneumatics, co2, and Pcp's.....Not as well on spring pistons.

Not being cheeky, but have you actually spoken to your neighbours and asked if they're OK with you doing some Plinking every so often? When I lived in a town, that's what I did, and they were fine with it. One neighbour was actually in the RAF and took an interest in the air pistols, and used to come round for the odd Plinking session. Sometimes just talking to folk gets rid of the issues without having to go to other great lengths!
    Member of SACS and Scottish Target Shooting

Silencer on the CP2 makes an almost pathetic 'phut' noise. With the silencer it just coughs, not so removed. Then the big "Clang!" as it hits metal catcher. I've just lined the catchers with Blu Tack.
    I find the noise annoying nevermind anyone else. It doesn't have to be noisy.
    Two neighbours have the builders in. So we've been treated to constant hammering, drilling, concrete breakers and power saws for weeks.

No it's not rapid fire but with CO2 it's a good idea to wait a couple of seconds between shots to let the gas pressure build up from the liquid.
    Having had the mag jam a couple of times and had to remove the barrel to free it, I've practically switched over to the single shot tray anyway.