Thread: Golden Oldies

Golden Oldies

Not just old airguns are nice to see .......

==================
    Frank

I agree.

Brian

Dan Wesson bag.
    Like your style Brian

Love the Winchester .22 Model 1890 pump action gallery gun with the lovely octagonal barrel -- or is it a Model 1906?

Back in the day, my first rimfire rifle was a similar and second hand Model 62, replaced at a later date by a Browning "trombone" action .22 (no external hammer) and later still a state-of-art Remington Nylon 66 -- great days!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post
    Love the Winchester .22 Model 1890 pump action gallery gun with the lovely octagonal barrel -- or is it a Model 1906?

Back in the day, my first rimfire rifle was a similar and second hand Model 62, replaced at a later date by a Browning "trombone" action .22 (no external hammer) and later still a state-of-art Remington Nylon 66 -- great days!
    Me too - Learnt to shoot with a Winchester pump action .22 on my Grandfathers farm at a very young age He was a retired policeman and had the rifle and a hammer Damascus barreled 12g shotgun. I still have the shotgun hung on the wall in the breakfast room.

some really nice guns in this thread.i have amounst my collection this old beast,shes not pretty ,simply made as a tool for a job.i did restore it as when i got it the gun it had been hammerited and creosoted!..has been converted to shotgun primer ignition,originally would have been a flintlock..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 05-05-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

Quote Originally Posted by AllanM View Post

You are right it is a Winchester model 1890 in .22short , the top one is a Marlin model 1893 in 32-40.
    Both rifles are considdered antiques in Holland and free to own without a licence.

=====================
    Frank

here a link to the above punt gun being test fired with a 12oz load ,guns of this weight and bore [75lb/one and a half inches]loads can be up to 20oz but i light loaded it in deferance to its great age,note my "land punt "made from a halfords trailer....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsT3j1E8tmE
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!

I love that .22 1890 - beautiful
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Some lovey antique guns there, it's nice to know others collect both airguns and antique ones.

I bought a nice little Rossi Mod 62 Gallery rifle due to its compact 16" barrel and simple takedown features which make secure storage easier. It will feed either .22 short or .22LR without any problem, but I have found no difference in results out to 25yds. It's great fun to shoot and I just love the sound when the pump action is racked. One feature which I wouldn't necessarily recommend is to keep the trigger held back and continually cycle the pump handle which results in very nearly semi-automatic firing rates.

Brian

That is very tasty little rifle Brian.

I am quite a fan of pump actions and would love to get my hands on a .22 lead ball 30 shot CO2 repeater by Shark (Argentina)

some lovely pics of guns there