Thread: Milbro quality, or lack of quality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Milbro quality, or lack of quality

So, another old airgun was not wanted by its owner, and I kindly adopted it..
    Been looking for a Series 70 Milbro for a while now, and this one has not seen much wear.
    It has some surface rust and the sights have been subjected to some abuse, but the guns does not seem to have been shot much.
    But the barrel rattles around the pivot bolt
    I took the bolt out, and it is a very loose fit in the barrel, cant understand how I'm ever gonna et any accuracy out of this gun

Are they known for beeing this bad? I have some early Milbro made Dianas, and they seem to be a lot better made.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    they are not great, but yours seems extreme...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Seems like I have to make an oversize bolt

Milbro quality, or lack of quality

Maybe someone lost the original pivot bolt in the past & just put that one in ? Is the hole in breachblock worn?

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    Maybe someone lost the original pivot bolt in the past & just put that one in ? Is the hole in breachblock worn?
    The bolt looks original, and theres not much wear.
    I have a Voere branded gun thats vey similar, seems to be a Milbro rebrand. I changed the bolt between them, and both lock up tight now, seems like the bolt may be bent??

And then, when I had the action out of the stock, the forks on the "new to me" gun started turning in the cylinder.... and I
    screwed the forks completely out of the cylinder by hand !!!
    The threads between forks and cylinder are quite rusted and loose, I have NEVER had this happen before in an airgun!!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    And then, when I had the action out of the stock, the forks on the "new to me" gun started turning in the cylinder.... and I
    screwed the forks completely out of the cylinder by hand !!!
    The threads between forks and cylinder are quite rusted and loose, I have NEVER had this happen before in an airgun!!!
    wow, that's extreme..

clean it all up and fill it with loads of threadlock, should seal fine...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.