Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New FWB Sport - The good, the bad and the ugly - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    I get the "that's not original with my 1970's motorbikes. I had the stripes airbrushed on my 1977 CB750k7 Honda fuel tank after a repair & repaint, originally they were decals. . My 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 is Orange, Im being told it's not a Kwak 650 colour, so what but, it's an USA model & Kawasaki 1000 came in the same Orange. The U.S. owner must have had it sprayed Orange & Orange is part of the bikes history now. To me History of an item more important to me than history of a model.

When my 2006 1200 K6 Suzuki Bandit has a Turbo fitted no one will comment on originality for another 36yrs I don't expect.

Doesn't matter if YOU want to cut 3" off the barrel Rob, it's your rifle. Different peoples views that's all.
    I'm really enjoying the rifle Dave and I dare say it may suffer other such horrific modifications in the future too
    Its shooting particularly nice at the minute.
    I may well go down the custom stock route at some point.
    I guess its just one of those rifles I want to make "just mine"
    B.A.S.C. member

Just had a read through this entire thread as I got my FWB 124 MKII out of the cupboard last week with the intention of selling it, I got it custom tuned when I first bought it and have now found out it is quite an interesting gun. It's a Mastersport 124, I also made a custom stock for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
    Just had a read through this entire thread as I got my FWB 124 MKII out of the cupboard last week with the intention of selling it, I got it custom tuned when I first bought it and have now found out it is quite an interesting gun. It's a Mastersport 124, I also made a custom stock for it.
    Rather a special rifle you have there )
    B.A.S.C. member

The Mastersport part makes it a very historically interesting rifle. Mastersport did customs stocks too that can add a huge premium.

I would add about customising that the donor may as well be a factory rifle and take it from there. Case in point the Mastersport is interesting because of what was done then. Bar refreshing the lubes it should really be left alone.
    I'm not suggesting bigtree is going to customise his Mastersport example further, but like a Venom, its interesting for what was done then. Better to sell as a historic piece and start a fresh custom adventure.

lastly, my mint FWB 127 had to have a new piston head as the original was cheese. Few guns can stay completely original unless never fired and then time will still do stuff. Metal rusts, wood shrinks, meal tarnish, and plastics go brittle. Keeping mint isn't that easy, almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The Mastersport part makes it a very historically interesting rifle. Mastersport did customs stocks too that can add a huge premium.

I would add about customising that the donor may as well be a factory rifle and take it from there. Case in point the Mastersport is interesting because of what was done then. Bar refreshing the lubes it should really be left alone.
    I'm not suggesting bigtree is going to customise his Mastersport example further, but like a Venom, its interesting for what was done then. Better to sell as a historic piece and start a fresh custom adventure.

lastly, my mint FWB 127 had to have a new piston head as the original was cheese. Few guns can stay completely original unless never fired and then time will still do stuff. Metal rusts, wood shrinks, meal tarnish, and plastics go brittle. Keeping mint isn't that easy, almost impossible.
    It was a standard gun that I had bought and I then sent it to Dave Welham to get tuned, I initially reshaped the standard stock to make it fit better but had made a couple of custom stocks I made one for myself.
    Last edited by bigtree; 18-05-2020 at 05:04 PM.

FWB Matersport

Spec - 14 inch barrel reduced from the breech to retain choke.
    Sporter selected French walnut stock.
    Mastertuned action. Bronze ring on piston.
    Set back ultra precise two stage trigger.
    Phantom Silencer.
    Barrel axis pin lock.
    Rustybuzz will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Had my Mastersport serviced last year as the seal went. VMach fitted one of their own and a steel liner and that's all it needed after all those years. Testament to FWB and the Welhams. Even Steve was impressed with how well it shot.
    Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 18-05-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Returned mine and got a refund from sws.
    Old Gits FT springer World champion 2017 & 2018

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    Returned mine and got a refund from sws.
    Did your one have the barrel issue??.
    Les..

Mines on its way, need to check it's not the same serial number as Poison Dwarfes!!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Mines on its way, need to check it's not the same serial number as Poison Dwarfes!!
    I'm really glad I didn't return mine.
    There's a finite supply of what will be quite a rare rifle.

My barrel straightened perfectly
    B.A.S.C. member

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Did your one have the barrel issue??.
    Les..
    it did...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    it did...
    OK, cheers Jon.
    That's a shame .
    Les..

Mine is currently shown as "out for delivery". I'm having it delivered to my parent's so my wife doesn't see it.
    Hopefully, when I've done their weekly shop in the morning it'll be waiting for me. I just hope it's not got an upturned nose .

It's arrived and looks straight enough to me.
    http://imgur.com/a/T21ZykR

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    It's arrived and looks straight enough to me.
    http://imgur.com/a/T21ZykR
    Nice one Gary .
    Don't forget the serial number.
    Les..