Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: New FWB Sport - The good, the bad and the ugly - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by poison dwarf View Post
    Yes it was well and truly ckufed
    pic
    Straight as a die compared to the one I got.
    Shame you sent it back though. Easily remedied
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Pretty much finished getting mine how I want it.

Being very lazy, here's a link to a write up I've just done on the "other one" with pics.
    Warning to any collectors, this may well upset you
    https://www./community/index.php?thr...-sport.301270/
    Link broken / doesn't work
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Link broken / doesn't work
    Sorry Martyn
    Its on AGF in anything airgun.
    Thread title - Not One For The Collectors - New Feinwerkbau Sport
    B.A.S.C. member

Arrived today, barrel straight! Next port of call serial number thread!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Arrived today, barrel straight! Next port of call serial number thread!

looks like they sorted it out somewhere between 125 and 129 !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Brilliant stuff, Max.

Now enjoy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Today's been a bit of a special day for me.
    Christened the new Sport in the field on rabbit.
    Another first for the new Sport I reckon
    B.A.S.C. member

[QUOTE=robs5230;7877104]Today's been a bit of a special day for me.
    Another first for the new Sport I reckon[/QUOTE

Mine arrived 22nd September 2015, do you honestly think you’re the first to take a rabbit with one?

Not fired mine yet, let alone pulled it apart to fettle, just fondled it a bit😁
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

[QUOTE=RustyBuzz;7877137]
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Today's been a bit of a special day for me.
    Another first for the new Sport I reckon[/QUOTE

Mine arrived 22nd September 2015, do you honestly think you’re the first to take a rabbit with one?
    I'm actually glad I'm not Rich. Shame you never said before.
    Yet more confirmation that they can be made into a useful field rifle.

I'm really getting comfortable with mine and when I do fancy a break barrel rifle for a trip out, it will be the first choice.

I have to say mine's running superbly now.
    Zero twang, slick as a slick thing and as far as springers go, quite a quiet report.

I have remade the internals, and I'm now running a kit that I made myself, so really pleased with it.
    B.A.S.C. member

Thanks to this thread l started thinking that the FWB Sport sounds like an air rifle that l would really appreciate. However, being located in Australia l thought l would never see one and then out of nowhere a brand new one just appeared and at a very decent price. l'm now the proud onwner of one of 5 or 6 of the 18J version that have been imported here (according to the Feinwerkbau importer).
    I picked it up after work so apart from firing a handful of test shots, l haven't had a chance to fully test it. l put a few through the chrony and it looks like it shoots Superdome's at around 860-870 f/s.
    So far l am very impressed and l feel lucky to have gotten my hands on one. I really like the stock ergonomics and it truly feels lighter than it actually is ( actual weight is 3.65 kg). The safety is propably the best l've seen on an air rifle.
    l cant wait to test it out fully.
    The only question l have is what's the trick with changing the rear sight notch? I know it's got 4 options but l can't work out how to change it?

Glad you resurrected this thread gk10, I was going to post that I have stripped mine down to sort out the power from the German standard. Sorry but I I haven't a clue how to change the rear sight element, hopefully someone else can enlighten us. Regarding upping the power, I have weighed up the 15mm diameter bulge in the piston rod and the limited spring room and have decided to use an old HW35/80 spring I have. The bulge means there is no room for a traditional top had so iam going to fit a piston sleeve and two slip washers to act as thrust bearings. The new fitted guide will fully cover the piston rod upto the bulge and locate in the trigger block as the original does. I am also adding a thrust washer to the guide end. I am hoping the sleeve will prevent the spring from vibrating against the bulge on the rod and mute things whilst preventing lube migration. I'll update once I get it back together. Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by gk10 View Post
    Thanks to this thread l started thinking that the FWB Sport sounds like an air rifle that l would really appreciate. However, being located in Australia l thought l would never see one and then out of nowhere a brand new one just appeared and at a very decent price. l'm now the proud onwner of one of 5 or 6 of the 18J version that have been imported here (according to the Feinwerkbau importer).
    I picked it up after work so apart from firing a handful of test shots, l haven't had a chance to fully test it. l put a few through the chrony and it looks like it shoots Superdome's at around 860-870 f/s.
    So far l am very impressed and l feel lucky to have gotten my hands on one. I really like the stock ergonomics and it truly feels lighter than it actually is ( actual weight is 3.65 kg). The safety is propably the best l've seen on an air rifle.
    l cant wait to test it out fully.
    The only question l have is what's the trick with changing the rear sight notch? I know it's got 4 options but l can't work out how to change it?
    Regarding changing the rear element, if you look at it from above you will see that it's spring loaded.
    I initially thought that (what looks like) the button on the rear of the site to press in (with a pen nib or similar) and rotate but it didn't work on mine.
    Keeping safety in mind, I find the easiest way is to cock the gun and putting a finger nail behind the element from the topside as well as one underneath, then push them both forward and the element will rotate.
    It's a lot easier to do than describe so please forgive me if my description is confusing.
    Good luck.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I find the easiest way is to cock the gun and putting a finger nail behind the element from the topside as well as one underneath, then push them both forward and the element will rotate.
    It's a lot easier to do than describe so please forgive me if my description is confusing.
    Good luck.
    that's what I did, but when the spring was out, so no safety concerns...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Keeping safety in mind, I find the easiest way is to cock the gun and putting a finger nail behind the element from the topside as well as one underneath, then push them both forward and the element will rotate.
    Good luck.
    Hi gtfreight,
    Thanks for this tip, l have know been able to change over the rear sight to the different notches.

My next question is does everyone use the Sportsmatch mounts that are made for the FWB cut outs or can you get awa with using other decent mounts that don't have a stop pin?

After buying the this air rifle, l will have to wait a bit before l buy a decent scope for it, however l have a couple of spare scopes that l could use for the interim. One of these is a leupold but it a 30mm and non AO and l don't really want to use the really high Sportsmatch mounts (as they don't do low mounts for the FWB.

Does anyone other than Sportsmatch do mounts that are specifically made for the FWB?