Thread: Martini Henry MKIV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    working now
    are you sure its a c variant as most b versions have a barleycorn front sight and a letter b in front of the serial number on the knox form like yours does.
    obviously this is not set in stone but i cannot see your front sight which should be a ramp if a c version
    and they shouldnt be a wooden plug on the butt where they filled in to adapt to a longer lever
    It does indeed have a ramp front sight, also the B pattern (according to Neil Aspinshaw's book) does not have the two sets of inspection marking. I also have been told that the serial numbers on the B variants are on the right side of the knox form and not the left though I dont know if this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Huttles94 View Post
    It does indeed have a ramp front sight, also the B pattern (according to Neil Aspinshaw's book) does not have the two sets of inspection marking. I also have been told that the serial numbers on the B variants are on the right side of the knox form and not the left though I dont know if this is true.
    not sure myself as my reading on it was ramp sight C version
    barley corn sight with b before serial was a b version and without b then its an A
    neil is the man on martini henrys so i would get in touch with him......username on martini henry forum is zulu neil
    makes no odds which version it is as they all shoot ok

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)

Nepalese gun marks

You might find this John Walters production useful

https://www.archivingindustry.com/Gu...s/gunmarks.pdf