Thread: Club Virus liabilities

BigEars Guest

Club Virus liabilities

There's been some concern expressed, not by me that clubs reopening will have to enforce and provide rules on cross infection along with cleaning procedures and sanitised. There is also concern that a member might initiate litigation and make a claim against the club.

In my opinion, this is nonsensical fear mongering. Firstly how could anyone prove where they became infected. Secondly when I go into a supermarket i have no expectation that they are obliged to give me an absolute guarantee of protection against Covid beyond talking reasonable care.

My view is that each person should make their own risk assessment, abide by social distancing and take their own measures to avoid infection from surface contamination.

What do others think, even more importantly what is the legal position?

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Our range opens Tuesday, strict distancing, compulsory mask wearing and no sharing of pistols are the main new rules. The rifle ranges also require members to bring their own prone mats rather than use club ones, but on the plus side I'm hoping I can use the pistols on the 50m rifle range for a little more space during the week.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

We're making it clear that returning members have obligations for their own safety and for the safety of other members and they can't just offload those to the club committee, despite what NSRA might suggest.

Of course we will have stipulations about what can and can't be done and which facilities are open and which are not, and we'll have written instructions regarding such things as using the club's air supply and avoiding contamination.

What we can't do is have a full time range officer with a tape measure to ensure 2 metre distancing.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

BE, if you haven't seen it, here is the NSRA statement

https://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php/new...eopening-clubs
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Wearing a mask whilst shooting pistols.
    How many Lone Rangers will you get?

Before you ask the Government say you may ride a horse alone.
    Last edited by gingernut; 23-05-2020 at 05:51 PM.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    BE, if you haven't seen it, here is the NSRA statement

https://www.nsra.co.uk/index.php/new...eopening-clubs
    Thanks for that.