Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corona virus forced sales.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Firstly, is this on the level? I'd heard and guessed that the furlough can't be open ended, but I'd not heard definitive figures and dates banded about. Secondly, mortgage lenders are under instruction to give lenders 'mortgage holidays' whilst this is ongoing, but you have to apply for it.

Hope it doesn't come down to having to sell off your collection.
    Did that the 1st week with the mortgage. But only 1month left of that mortgage holiday. My company have shit on us bigtime.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Firstly, is this on the level? I'd heard and guessed that the furlough can't be open ended, but I'd not heard definitive figures and dates banded about. Secondly, mortgage lenders are under instruction to give lenders 'mortgage holidays' whilst this is ongoing, but you have to apply for it.

Hope it doesn't come down to having to sell off your collection.
    The 60% has been mentioned as a scale down slowly of the furlough. Then40%. I have lost 3k in wages so far just being on 80% as have lost shift allowance and overtime ad my works is always flat out work wise

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If it really comes to that let me know, I'll give you £300 for that phoenix. I don't have a use for it so you can save a few quid by not posting it, and when you are square again you can buy it back off me for the same price, and that'll save me having to pay to post it back to you.
    Dam that made me well up. Thanks nic but id not take charity off anyone. But. I dont know what to say. Thank you though. Love being part of this family.

I am going to have to sell my boat pretty soon bloody heart breaking i spent two years restoring it but what ever happens im screwed now even if everything opens back up tomorrow i wont be able to catch up If it goes another 3 weeks guns will be getting sold as well

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I am going to have to sell my boat pretty soon bloody heart breaking i spent two years restoring it but what ever happens im screwed now even if everything opens back up tomorrow i wont be able to catch up If it goes another 3 weeks guns will be getting sold as well
    Feel your pain buddy. I dont drink much. Dont smoke. Dont do drugs either. This is not just a hobby it is a passion i have had since my first gun a webley hawk at 10yrs old. My collection is small but i love every single one i hunted down. To sell them on is daunting. But its losing the house i fear as thats my childrens inheritence. My guns come way down the list compared to that.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Dam that made me well up. Thanks nic but id not take charity off anyone. But. I dont know what to say. Thank you though. Love being part of this family.
    It ain't charity, it's a short term interest free loan secured on a rather fine air rifle.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Feel your pain buddy. I dont drink much. Dont smoke. Dont do drugs either. This is not just a hobby it is a passion i have had since my first gun a webley hawk at 10yrs old. My collection is small but i love every single one i hunted down. To sell them on is daunting. But its losing the house i fear as thats my childrens inheritence. My guns come way down the list compared to that.
    Yeah it sucks i wanted this particular boat for 30 years finally get it and this happens
    My place is rented but it may have to go and move into a caravan on a mates farm
    At least im on my own with no family so no one else will be let down
    hope things work out for you mate

There will be a lot of victims to covid that did not get the disease but are suffering greatly because of its influence, we are scraping by for the moment with a full return to work next week (self employed builder) we will weather the storm i think. I feel for those that are suffering and hope they come out of this intact. Lets hope bringing the country to its knees was worth it, i am doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    There will be a lot of victims to covid that did not get the disease but are suffering greatly because of its influence, we are scraping by for the moment with a full return to work next week (self employed builder) we will weather the storm i think. I feel for those that are suffering and hope they come out of this intact. Lets hope bringing the country to its knees was worth it, i am doubtful.
    The civil engineering firm my brother works for have told the workforce that when they return to work (if) that they're going to be on 80% and if they're issued with a works van they'll have to supply their own diesel
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    The civil engineering firm my brother works for have told the workforce that when they return to work (if) that they're going to be on 80% and if they're issued with a works van they'll have to supply their own diesel
    I can understand this if it genuinely means a little austerity will protect their jobs for the future, but what you say does sound like they're taking the piss.

Where have you seen or heard any talk of down scaling the furlough scheme as there's nothing come out of the Senedd who don't have any say on it anyway as it's a Westminster policy?

I hope for all facing uncertainty that Boris reveals positive news this Sunday.

Thumbs up

I had the bug back in february- Caught it at hospital of all places!!

I was told first by the NHS (By text) then by my works that I must stay off work for a minimum of twelve weeks, I'm currently getting full average wage, That is, 80% by the gov topped up to full wage by my company, No idea if it will alter!

I'm asthmatic and since I coughed my head off for a fortight solid, I've gotten over that and the feverish temps but it's left my breathing terrible, If i'm going up stairs, I can't usually make it the whole way as I get so out of breath now!, I'm hoping it will improve with time!!

Stay safe everyone

HAGWE

John..
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

This is my 7th week. Lost 3k in wages so far.
    My sympathies in your financial struggle. If it’s any consolation, many get less than £3k in 7 weeks (or £22k/year) that you are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    My sympathies in your financial struggle. If it’s any consolation, many get less than £3k in 7 weeks (or £22k/year) that you are losing.
    Sadly true plus losing their jobs .