Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Corona virus forced sales.

It’s a horrible situation to be in I am starting to get slightly worried as where I work is starting to re open as of tomorrow, the problem I have is that I have am in the shielding group. Where I work have been saying that I’ll be fine as they will be implementing the two meter rule. They can take a running jump as there is no way on gods earth that I will go into work I might as well jump under a bus as risk it. We have been helping our nice out with her mortgage and other bill as she is one of the poor sods that had left her old job and was waiting to start a new one.

It grips my shit when I hear that we are giving aid to other countries this may sound harsh but why should we help out others when we have so many problems at home. Yes this country is in debt so what the more people that lose there jobs means less tax is coming in which means more borrowing. Boris needs to think about the working man. I look at Virgin and that twat Branson begging for money when they pay no tax in the U.K. and he has a private island really.

I hope some thing works out for you I truly do.

Corona virus forced sales.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    It’s a horrible situation to be in I am starting to get slightly worried as where I work is starting to re open as of tomorrow, the problem I have is that I have am in the shielding group. Where I work have been saying that I’ll be fine as they will be implementing the two meter rule. They can take a running jump as there is no way on gods earth that I will go into work I might as well jump under a bus as risk it. We have been helping our nice out with her mortgage and other bill as she is one of the poor sods that had left her old job and was waiting to start a new one.

It grips my shit when I hear that we are giving aid to other countries this may sound harsh but why should we help out others when we have so many problems at home. Yes this country is in debt so what the more people that lose there jobs means less tax is coming in which means more borrowing. Boris needs to think about the working man. I look at Virgin and that twat Branson begging for money when they pay no tax in the U.K. and he has a private island really.

I hope some thing works out for you I truly do.
    The german army sent us the first respirators to save lives btw..Agree with you about that poncing twat branson though, he can sell his island & pay his workers & still have over 90 million left.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    The german army sent us the first respirators to save lives btw..Agree with you about that poncing twat branson though, he can sell his island & pay his workers & still have over 90 million left.
    He is worth 4billion

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    He is worth 4billion
    Does he have 4 billion in the bank that he can withdraw tomorrow though ?

He only has 100% of one virgin business the rest he has shares in and in some cases its only 10%.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-drop-to-drink

Bill Gates cant remove his full wealth either by the way

But the above is not what this thread is about

It grips my shit when I hear that we are giving aid to other countries this may sound harsh but why should we help out others when we have so many problems at home. Yes this country is in debt so what the more people that lose there jobs means less tax is coming in which means more borrowing
    Irrespective of your view, if we leave the transition period as has been stated, at least we won't be paying the EU billions to extend but also baling them out which they have indicated they would expect us to
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

I'm in the boat with the Op, my forced sale of my BSA Ultra has just been posted in the for sale section tonight!

Furlough

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Yes. I have 1month left of that holiday.
    Wilba. Have you asked your mortgage provider, if you can switch to a interest only mortgage or just pay interest until this crisis is over. Regards Dave.

Why wouldn't lenders allow a payment holiday? The house is still there as collateral (although negative equity could become a problem) and the interest is still accruing.

I've not seen the downside of payment holidays being openly stated anywhere.

There is a dark side to payment holidays though - compound interest. You'll end up paying more in the end, unless you can catch up with the missed payments. Just as paying a little more each month can save you years and tens of thousands on your mortgage, taking a payment holidays will probably mean you'll pay for longer and pay more. Check the implications before you decide the payment holiday is an absolute necessity.

I walked out of work before lock down was announced and told them they could sack me. Having a reduced immune system tends to make you slightly hair trigger fair play to them they were great lap top supplied after awhile. I may hate working for the Civil Service some of the time but at the moment we are on full pay for how much longer I do not know. I’m helping out one of my youngest who is self employed with a house and new family. I fear that when round two hits us things will get worse. Me I’ve signed my death warrant according to my mothers GP I had to make a choice be with my dying mother or stay in doors needless to say I’m sitting with her now. I think the only thing keeping me from flipping out is reading these forums.

I walked out of work before lock down was announced and told them they could sack me. Having a reduced immune system tends to make you slightly hair trigger fair play to them they were great lap top supplied after awhile. I may hate working for the Civil Service some of the time but at the moment we are on full pay for how much longer I do not know. I’m helping out one of my youngest who is self employed with a house and new family. I fear that when round two hits us things will get worse. Me I’ve signed my death warrant according to my mothers GP I had to make a choice be with my dying mother or stay in doors needless to say I’m sitting with her now. I think the only thing keeping me from flipping out is reading these forums.
    Been there with my mum when she was dying of cancer so really know how you are feeling at this time. Also been told due to the welsh government extending lock down i have another 6wks of this. And to be honest i can see them extending this for another 6wks after this. I can see a lot of us losing our homes through this virus lock down. I feel your pain in both the things you are going through, i really do. Chris

Really sorry to hear this
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

It’s sad... And unfortunately, many will be in the same boat..
    Having said that. Distributor contracts often include minimum, monthly/yearly order clauses. So many dealers will probably be heavily overstocked when they open again and they’ll have to undercut each other to get some cash and reduce piles of unsold guns..
    lower new prices will bring the used prices right down. So with luck, you’ll be able to replace guns you have to sell now, much cheaper than you’d expect.
    Where be your gibes now? Your songs? Your gambols? Miserable bugger!